Latest SSSP News
2012 Proposed Resolutions
SSSP resolutions constitute an important opportunity for our scholar-activist membership to publicly declare its sentiments, thereby creating a channel for greater visibility and more direct influence upon various “publics” (e.g. fellow activists, scholars, students, voters, groups, policy- and decision-makers). All SSSP members are invited to review the proposed 2012 resolutions and participate in the resolutions process.
New resolution guidelines were adopted in order to promote and facilitate wider discussion prior to formal consideration at the 2012 Business Meeting [Friday, August 17 from 9:50am – 11:00am, Imperial Ballroom]. To that end, please review the five proposed resolutions. An open forum to discuss the proposed resolutions will be held on the first day of the annual meetings at [2:30pm – 4:10pm, Maroon Peak]. Possible modifications to the resolutions will be considered during the open discussion. The revised (if any) resolutions will then be presented as a package for approval by the membership at the business meeting.
We would also like to remind individuals and divisions who submitted resolutions, that the administrative office may call on you to assist in the action called for in your resolution (e.g. helping to draft a letter to a government official). Our thanks to everyone who submitted a resolution and to our members for giving them careful consideration. If you have any questions regarding the proposed resolutions, I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wendy L. Chapkis, SSSP Vice-President, 2011-2012
Proposed Resolutions: http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/503/m/503
Posted Tuesday, 07/24/12, 01:45 PM - Category: Annual Meeting
- Announcing the 2012 C. Wright Mills Award Finalists
- Social Problems 60.2 is now available online
- 2014 General Election - Nominations are open!
- Congratulations to the 2013 General Election Winners!
- NYC Walking Tours - SOLD OUT!
- NYC Walking Tours - Just a Few Tickets Remain!
- 2013 Annual Meeting Registration and Hotel Reservations
- Nomination Deadline Approaching - 2013 Joseph B. Gittler Award
- Nomination Deadline Approaching - 2013 Lee Founders Award
- Nomination Deadline Approaching - 2013 Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award
- Condelences: Dr. Herbert A. Aurbach
- Social Problems Forum Winter 2013 Newsletter now available!
- Social Problems 60.1 is now available online
- Deadlines Approaching!
- Announcing the SSSP Listserv
- Upcoming SSSP Deadlines
- Social Problems Forum Fall Newsletter is now available!
- The Call for Papers for the 2013 Annual Meeting is now available!
- 2013 Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards
- Nominations for the 2012 C. Wright Mills Award