Latest SSSP News
Letter to Dr. M. Brian Blake, Provost, Drexel University regarding the suspension of Professor George Ciccariello-Maher
On behalf of SSSP’s Board of Directors, President Luis Fernandez, Vice-President David Embrick, and Executive Officer Héctor Delgado sent a personalized letter to Dr. M. Brian Blake, Provost, Drexel University, regarding the suspension of Professor George Ciccariello-Maher on October 9, 2017, and the recent attempts by some individuals and groups to suppress the free expression of ideas by faculty whom they oppose on ideological grounds. Additional letters were sent to Dr. Donna Murasko, Dean, College of Arts and Sciences and Dr. George Ciccariello-Maher. To read the full letter sent to Provost Blake, please click here.
Posted Friday, 10/20/2017, 11:32 AM - Category: Member News
- Vote in the 2018 General Election
- Travel Fund Awards Deadline
- Nominations for the Arlene Kaplan Daniels Paper Award, Kathleen S. Lowney Mentoring Award, and Doris Wilkinson Faculty Leadership Award (deadline 4/15)
- Nominations for the Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award and the Beth B. Hess Memorial Scholarship (deadline 4/1)
- SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
- SSSP Member News
- Make your Hotel Reservation for the Annual Meeting
- Job Opportunities
- 2018 General Election Now Open for Voting!
- SSSP Student Awards and Scholarships
- Walking Tours of Philadelphia at the Annual Meeting
- One-Day Workshops at the Annual Meeting
- Register for the Annual Meeting
- February issue of Social Problems is now available
- Deadline to submit a paper for the SSSP 2018 Annual Meeting is approaching fast-January 31, 2018!
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/18
- Submit a paper for the SSSP 2018 Annual Meeting–Deadline 1/31/18
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Thank You, SSSP 2017 Contributors!
- Nominate Someone for a SSSP Faculty Award