Latest SSSP News
2016 C. Wright Mills Finalists
The 2016 C. Wright Mills Award Finalists have been selected.
The committee reviewed 95 nominated books to select the five finalists. The committee will select the winner prior to the Annual Meeting and announce the winner at the Awards Ceremony in Montreal, Quebec Canada. All finalists’ books will be recognized in the 2017 Annual Meeting program and at the ceremony.
To an outstanding degree, each of the finalists met the criteria for the award:
- Critically addresses an issue of contemporary public importance,
- Brings to the topic a fresh, imaginative perspective,
- Advances social scientific understanding of the topic,
- Displays a theoretically informed view and empirical orientation,
- Evinces quality in style of writing,
- Explicitly or implicitly contains implications for courses of action
To view the list of finalists, visit: http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/pageid/2024/.
Posted Friday, 05/12/2017, 01:21 PM - Category: Awards
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Thank You, SSSP 2017 Contributors!
- Nominate Someone for a SSSP Faculty Award
- Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards
- Renew Your Membership and Register for the 2018 Annual Meeting
- Give to SSSP
- SSSP and AAAS Science and Human Rights Coalition
- Registration for the 2018 Annual Meeting is now open!
- SSSP Member News
- 2018 Annual Meeting Hotel Reservation Information
- 2017 C. Wright Mills Award
- End of the Year Reminders
- About SSSP Awards/Fellowship/Scholarship
- Social Problems’ Social Media Presence
- SSSP Listserv
- General Election Ballot
- In Pursuit of Social Justice
- SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
- Social Problems is Available Online for all SSSP Members
- SSSP Members News