Latest SSSP News
2017 Proposed Resolutions
Resolutions constitute an important opportunity for our scholar-activist membership to analyze and opine on contemporary social problems that we believe the Society should address as a social justice organization. All SSSP members are invited to review the proposed 2017 resolutions and participate in the resolutions process.
New resolution guidelines were adopted in order to promote and facilitate wider discussion prior to formal consideration at the 2017 Business Meeting [Saturday, August 12 from 4:15pm–5:25pm, Westmount, Banquets Level]. To that end, please review the five proposed resolutions. An open forum to discuss the proposed resolutions will be held on Friday, August 11, 2:30pm–4:10pm, Mont-Royal, Banquets Level. Possible modifications to the resolutions will be considered during the open discussion. The revised (if any) resolutions will then be presented as a package for approval by the membership at the business meeting.
We would also like to remind individuals and divisions who submitted resolutions that if the action requires sending a letter or letters and/or e-mails, you will have to provide the names and addresses of the recipients and possibly be asked to assist in the drafting of the correspondence. Our thanks to everyone who submitted a resolution and to our members for giving them careful consideration. If you have any questions regarding the proposed resolutions, please contact the SSSP administrative office.
Posted Thursday, 07/13/2017, 11:55 AM - Category: Annual Meeting
- Jan 2017
- Feb 2017
- Mar 2017
- Apr 2017
- May 2017
- Jun 2017
- Jul 2017
- Aug 2017
- Sep 2017
- Oct 2017
- Nov 2017
- General Election Ballot
- In Pursuit of Social Justice
- SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
- Social Problems is Available Online for all SSSP Members
- SSSP Members News
- Job Opportunities
- Benefits of Membership
- Call for Nominations-2019 General Election
- Letter to Dr. M. Brian Blake, Provost, Drexel University regarding the suspension of Professor George Ciccariello-Maher
- November issue of Social Problems is now available
- Agenda for Social Justice: Global Solutions 2018
- Resolution Letter: On Free Speech and Academic Freedom
- The Call for Papers for the SSSP 2018 Annual Meeting is now live!
- Renew your SSSP Membership
- Nominations for the Lee Founders Award
- Nominations for the 2017 C. Wright Mills Award
- Resolution Letters: On Refugee and Immigrant Rights and Executive Order and In Support of the United States’ Commitment to and Participation in the Paris Climate Accord
- SSSP Member News
- SSSP Member Testimonials
- Thank you!