Latest SSSP News
2017 Proposed Resolutions
Resolutions constitute an important opportunity for our scholar-activist membership to analyze and opine on contemporary social problems that we believe the Society should address as a social justice organization. All SSSP members are invited to review the proposed 2017 resolutions and participate in the resolutions process.
New resolution guidelines were adopted in order to promote and facilitate wider discussion prior to formal consideration at the 2017 Business Meeting [Saturday, August 12 from 4:15pm–5:25pm, Westmount, Banquets Level]. To that end, please review the five proposed resolutions. An open forum to discuss the proposed resolutions will be held on Friday, August 11, 2:30pm–4:10pm, Mont-Royal, Banquets Level. Possible modifications to the resolutions will be considered during the open discussion. The revised (if any) resolutions will then be presented as a package for approval by the membership at the business meeting.
We would also like to remind individuals and divisions who submitted resolutions that if the action requires sending a letter or letters and/or e-mails, you will have to provide the names and addresses of the recipients and possibly be asked to assist in the drafting of the correspondence. Our thanks to everyone who submitted a resolution and to our members for giving them careful consideration. If you have any questions regarding the proposed resolutions, please contact the SSSP administrative office.
Posted Thursday, 07/13/2017, 11:55 AM - Category: Annual Meeting
- Vote in the 2018 General Election
- Travel Fund Awards Deadline
- Nominations for the Arlene Kaplan Daniels Paper Award, Kathleen S. Lowney Mentoring Award, and Doris Wilkinson Faculty Leadership Award (deadline 4/15)
- Nominations for the Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award and the Beth B. Hess Memorial Scholarship (deadline 4/1)
- SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
- SSSP Member News
- Make your Hotel Reservation for the Annual Meeting
- Job Opportunities
- 2018 General Election Now Open for Voting!
- SSSP Student Awards and Scholarships
- Walking Tours of Philadelphia at the Annual Meeting
- One-Day Workshops at the Annual Meeting
- Register for the Annual Meeting
- February issue of Social Problems is now available
- Deadline to submit a paper for the SSSP 2018 Annual Meeting is approaching fast-January 31, 2018!
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/18
- Submit a paper for the SSSP 2018 Annual Meeting–Deadline 1/31/18
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Thank You, SSSP 2017 Contributors!
- Nominate Someone for a SSSP Faculty Award