Latest SSSP News
2017 Proposed Resolutions
Resolutions constitute an important opportunity for our scholar-activist membership to analyze and opine on contemporary social problems that we believe the Society should address as a social justice organization. All SSSP members are invited to review the proposed 2017 resolutions and participate in the resolutions process.
New resolution guidelines were adopted in order to promote and facilitate wider discussion prior to formal consideration at the 2017 Business Meeting [Saturday, August 12 from 4:15pm–5:25pm, Westmount, Banquets Level]. To that end, please review the five proposed resolutions. An open forum to discuss the proposed resolutions will be held on Friday, August 11, 2:30pm–4:10pm, Mont-Royal, Banquets Level. Possible modifications to the resolutions will be considered during the open discussion. The revised (if any) resolutions will then be presented as a package for approval by the membership at the business meeting.
We would also like to remind individuals and divisions who submitted resolutions that if the action requires sending a letter or letters and/or e-mails, you will have to provide the names and addresses of the recipients and possibly be asked to assist in the drafting of the correspondence. Our thanks to everyone who submitted a resolution and to our members for giving them careful consideration. If you have any questions regarding the proposed resolutions, please contact the SSSP administrative office.
Posted Thursday, 07/13/2017, 11:55 AM - Category: Annual Meeting
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Thank You, SSSP 2017 Contributors!
- Nominate Someone for a SSSP Faculty Award
- Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards
- Renew Your Membership and Register for the 2018 Annual Meeting
- Give to SSSP
- SSSP and AAAS Science and Human Rights Coalition
- Registration for the 2018 Annual Meeting is now open!
- SSSP Member News
- 2018 Annual Meeting Hotel Reservation Information
- 2017 C. Wright Mills Award
- End of the Year Reminders
- About SSSP Awards/Fellowship/Scholarship
- Social Problems’ Social Media Presence
- SSSP Listserv
- General Election Ballot
- In Pursuit of Social Justice
- SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
- Social Problems is Available Online for all SSSP Members
- SSSP Members News