Latest SSSP News
Feature Film: Tested by Curtis Chin
The Program Committee is proud to feature a film screening at our upcoming conference. Tested by Curtis Chin looks at the important issue of racial diversity and public schools by following a dozen families in New York City from different racial, socio-economic and religious backgrounds as they prepare to pass the grueling standardized test to get into one of the city's best high schools. The film premiered at the DOC NYC film festival in NYC where The Village Voice named it one of the best films in the festival. The film has since screened with Lincoln Center, the White House, the American Educational Research Association, the National Conference on Race and Ethnicity, the Southern Sociological Society, SXSWEdu and more. To view the trailer, please go to: www.testedfilm.com. For more information, visit http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/708/Film_Exhibit/. Register here: http://www.sssp1.org/2017_Annual_Meeting_Registration.
Posted Thursday, 07/20/2017, 09:35 AM - Category: Annual Meeting
- Call for Nominations for the SSSP 2019 General Election (deadline 6/15)
- Vote in the 2018 General Election
- Travel Fund Awards Deadline
- Nominations for the Arlene Kaplan Daniels Paper Award, Kathleen S. Lowney Mentoring Award, and Doris Wilkinson Faculty Leadership Award (deadline 4/15)
- Nominations for the Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award and the Beth B. Hess Memorial Scholarship (deadline 4/1)
- SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
- SSSP Member News
- Make your Hotel Reservation for the Annual Meeting
- Job Opportunities
- 2018 General Election Now Open for Voting!
- SSSP Student Awards and Scholarships
- Walking Tours of Philadelphia at the Annual Meeting
- One-Day Workshops at the Annual Meeting
- Register for the Annual Meeting
- February issue of Social Problems is now available
- Deadline to submit a paper for the SSSP 2018 Annual Meeting is approaching fast-January 31, 2018!
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/18
- Submit a paper for the SSSP 2018 Annual Meeting–Deadline 1/31/18
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Thank You, SSSP 2017 Contributors!