Latest SSSP News
Feature Film: Tested by Curtis Chin
The Program Committee is proud to feature a film screening at our upcoming conference. Tested by Curtis Chin looks at the important issue of racial diversity and public schools by following a dozen families in New York City from different racial, socio-economic and religious backgrounds as they prepare to pass the grueling standardized test to get into one of the city's best high schools. The film premiered at the DOC NYC film festival in NYC where The Village Voice named it one of the best films in the festival. The film has since screened with Lincoln Center, the White House, the American Educational Research Association, the National Conference on Race and Ethnicity, the Southern Sociological Society, SXSWEdu and more. To view the trailer, please go to: www.testedfilm.com. For more information, visit http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/708/Film_Exhibit/. Register here: http://www.sssp1.org/2017_Annual_Meeting_Registration.
Posted Thursday, 07/20/2017, 09:35 AM - Category: Annual Meeting
- Thank You, SSSP 2017 Contributors!
- Nominate Someone for a SSSP Faculty Award
- Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards
- Renew Your Membership and Register for the 2018 Annual Meeting
- Give to SSSP
- SSSP and AAAS Science and Human Rights Coalition
- Registration for the 2018 Annual Meeting is now open!
- SSSP Member News
- 2018 Annual Meeting Hotel Reservation Information
- 2017 C. Wright Mills Award
- End of the Year Reminders
- About SSSP Awards/Fellowship/Scholarship
- Social Problems’ Social Media Presence
- SSSP Listserv
- General Election Ballot
- In Pursuit of Social Justice
- SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
- Social Problems is Available Online for all SSSP Members
- SSSP Members News
- Job Opportunities