Latest SSSP News
Letter to President Trump and Congressional Leaders Regarding Charlottesville
On behalf of SSSP’s Board of Directors, President Luis Fernandez, Vice-President David Embrick, and Executive Officer Héctor Delgado sent a letter to President Donald J.Trump to express the SSSP’s disappointment with his response to the recent neo-Nazi and white supremacist rally that occurred in Charlottesville. Another letter was also sent to Congressional leaders from both parties, expressing concerns with the muted or absence of a response by many members of Congress to the President’s failure to condemn white supremacy and white nationalism more swiftly and unambiguously. Additionally, both letters extended condolences on behalf of SSSP to the family of Heather Heyer and to the others injured in this domestic terrorist attack. Click here to read the full letter to President Trump. Click here to read the full letter to Congressional leaders.
Posted Friday, 08/25/2017, 08:39 AM - Category: Member News
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Thank You, SSSP 2017 Contributors!
- Nominate Someone for a SSSP Faculty Award
- Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards
- Renew Your Membership and Register for the 2018 Annual Meeting
- Give to SSSP
- SSSP and AAAS Science and Human Rights Coalition
- Registration for the 2018 Annual Meeting is now open!
- SSSP Member News
- 2018 Annual Meeting Hotel Reservation Information
- 2017 C. Wright Mills Award
- End of the Year Reminders
- About SSSP Awards/Fellowship/Scholarship
- Social Problems’ Social Media Presence
- SSSP Listserv
- General Election Ballot
- In Pursuit of Social Justice
- SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
- Social Problems is Available Online for all SSSP Members
- SSSP Members News