Latest SSSP News
Benefits of Membership
Perhaps no other professional organization is as committed to tackling contemporary social problems and redefining historical social facts as the SSSP. Our community of activist scholars places a priority on supporting not only emerging scholarship, but on supporting graduate students and junior scholars. For many respected senior scholars, SSSP was the first organization that actively supported their work by inviting them into a dynamic community of individuals dedicated to activist scholarship. Membership provides access to this welcoming community of individuals who do rigorous, groundbreaking social research. Through our annual meetings and our highly regarded journal, Social Problems, SSSP has shared new knowledge and developed myriad working partnerships and professional friendships for over 60 years. Please consider joining us in this worthwhile endeavor by becoming a member or renewing your membership today!
Posted Thursday, 10/26/2017, 08:27 AM - Category: Member News
- Vote in the 2018 General Election
- Travel Fund Awards Deadline
- Nominations for the Arlene Kaplan Daniels Paper Award, Kathleen S. Lowney Mentoring Award, and Doris Wilkinson Faculty Leadership Award (deadline 4/15)
- Nominations for the Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award and the Beth B. Hess Memorial Scholarship (deadline 4/1)
- SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
- SSSP Member News
- Make your Hotel Reservation for the Annual Meeting
- Job Opportunities
- 2018 General Election Now Open for Voting!
- SSSP Student Awards and Scholarships
- Walking Tours of Philadelphia at the Annual Meeting
- One-Day Workshops at the Annual Meeting
- Register for the Annual Meeting
- February issue of Social Problems is now available
- Deadline to submit a paper for the SSSP 2018 Annual Meeting is approaching fast-January 31, 2018!
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/18
- Submit a paper for the SSSP 2018 Annual Meeting–Deadline 1/31/18
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Thank You, SSSP 2017 Contributors!
- Nominate Someone for a SSSP Faculty Award