Latest SSSP News
2018 Proposed Resolutions
Resolutions constitute an important opportunity for our scholar-activist membership to analyze and opine on contemporary social problems that we believe the Society should address as a social justice organization. All SSSP members are invited to review the proposed 2018 resolutions and participate in the resolutions process.
New resolution guidelines were adopted in order to promote and facilitate wider discussion prior to formal consideration at the 2018 Business Meeting [Saturday, August 11 from 4:15pm–5:25pm, Horizons Rooftop Ballroom]. To that end, please review the four proposed resolutions. An open forum to discuss the proposed resolutions will be held on Friday, August 10, 2:30pm–4:10pm, Salon 10. Possible modifications to the resolutions will be considered during the open discussion. The revised (if any) resolutions will then be presented as a package for approval by the membership at the business meeting.
We would also like to remind individuals and divisions who submitted resolutions that if the action requires sending a letter or letters and/or e-mails, you will have to provide the names and addresses of the recipients and possibly be asked to assist in the drafting of the correspondence. Our thanks to everyone who submitted a resolution and to our members for giving them careful consideration. If you have any questions regarding the proposed resolutions, please contact Vice-President David G. Embrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jan 2018
- Feb 2018
- Mar 2018
- Apr 2018
- May 2018
- Jun 2018
- Jul 2018
- Aug 2018
- Optional One-Day Workshops
- Annual Meeting Special Events
- Session #95 highlights the work of Mural Arts Philadelphia, winner of the Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award
- Welcome to Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
- Annual Meeting Events
- Download the SSSP Mobile App
- Final Program Reminder
- Announcing Release of SSSP Publication – Global Agenda for Social Justice
- 2018 Proposed Resolutions
- August issue of Social Problems is now available
- Book Launch Event: Global Agenda for Social Justice
- Two Feature Films: The Pushouts: A Film on the Crisis in Education for Marginalized Students of Color AND Voices of Baltimore: Life Under Segregation
- Increased Impact Factor announced
- Online Annual Meeting Registration Deadline is July 22
- Deadline for Annual Meeting Preregistration
- Plan Your Philadelphia Trip
- Accessibility Guidelines
- Share Your Accomplishments
- June 26: Annual Meeting Mobile App
- Be a Mentor or Be Mentored—Deadline June 30