Latest SSSP News
Two Feature Films: America; I Too AND Voices of the Lumbee
The Program Committee is proud to feature two film screenings at our upcoming conference, https://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/778/Film_Exhibit/.
America; I Too, a twenty-minute film to be viewed Friday, August 9, at 2:30pm, is both a cultural and entertainment vehicle in addition to being an educational resource. The short film follows the stories of three arrested and detained undocumented immigrants who must navigate the Immigration Courts system to fight impending deportation. Following the film there will be a Q & A discussion session with writer and director Anike Tourse. To view the trailer, please go to: https://americaitoo.com/.
Voices of the Lumbee, a 70 minute feature-length documentary film to be presented Friday, August 9, at 4:30pm, tells the story of Robeson County, North Carolina—one of the most economically depressed regions in the country and home of the Lumbee Tribe, the largest non-federally recognized American Indian tribe in the U.S. Raising awareness about the ongoing struggles of the Lumbee, the film examines historical factors that led to the present, portraying a unique story about Southern working-class life and cultural preservation. To view the trailer, please go to: https://voicesofthelumbee.wordpress.com/.
- Jan 2019
- Feb 2019
- Mar 2019
- Apr 2019
- May 2019
- Jun 2019
- Jul 2019
- Aug 2019
- Optional One-Day Workshops!!
- Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson
- Annual Meeting Special Events
- Annual Meeting Receptions & Special Events!
- Presidential Perspectives on Current Social Problems
- Welcome to the SSSP's 69th Annual Meeting!
- Download the SSSP App!
- Final Program Reminder
- Register On-site in NYC
- Two Feature Films: America; I Too AND Voices of the Lumbee
- Welcome to New York!
- August issue of Social Problems is now available
- Online Annual Meeting Registration Deadline is July 21
- Annual Meeting Mobile App
- Few Tickets Remaining for Optional Walking Tours and One-Day Workshops
- Deadline for Annual Meeting Preregistration
- Accessibility Guidelines
- Review the 2019 Preliminary Program
- Increased Impact Factor announced
- Be a Mentor or Be Mentored—Deadline June 30