JOIN SSSP TODAY
Why Join the SSSP?
SSSP is the interdisciplinary home for nearly 2,000 scholars, activists, practitioners, and students dedicated to promoting greater social justice through social research. Members share and support research in pursuit of social justice, outreach to policy makers on social research implications for social change, and support the work of community organizations fighting for a better world. Membership comes with the opportunity to pursue an elected office, a division chair position, or become part of a committee where leadership in divisional activities is possible and encouraged.
Student membership is only $33. All new members are invited to attend the New Member Breakfast hosted by long-term members at the SSSP Annual Meeting in August.
Graduate Student Listserv
Receive timely messages about other ways to get involved, including SSSP campaigns and opportunities from Division Chairs.
- Beth B. Hess Memorial Scholarship
- Lee Student Support Fund
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship
- Student Paper Competitions
- Annual Meeting Session Organizer, Presider, Discussant, and/or Presenter
- Board of Directors Student Representative
- Division Chairperson or Newsletter Editor
- Membership and Outreach Committee Student Representative
- SSSP Committees
"As a graduate student in the '80s, I quickly developed a fond appreciation of the respectful and progressive space that the SSSP offers young professionals. Thirty years later, I remain deeply engaged in this truly unique association. If you identify with the larger struggle for social justice, I invite you to join the SSSP to help us 'occupy' the social sciences and transform social practice."
- R.A. Dello Buono, Manhattan College, SSSP Sustaining Member