SSSP Annual Meeting COVID-19 Protocol
Requirements for Attendance
SSSP is committed to ensuring a meeting that is as safe as possible. To that end, we ask attendees to abide by the following requirements:
Attendees must be fully vaccinated with booster. For US-based attendees, this means three doses of Moderna or Pfizer; two doses of Johnson & Johnson; or one dose of Johnson & Johnson plus a booster dose of Moderna or Pfizer, all completed at least 14 days prior to arrival. For international attendees, the documented vaccine/booster must be among those approved for emergency use by the World Health Organization. The Board of Directors has determined that there will be no exemptions for immunization requirements.
Meeting badges will be required to access all SSSP meeting space. Please wear your badge at all times. This means that only attendees who are registered for the meeting (who have documented vaccine status and agreed to follow this list of requirements) will be allowed in our space.
Masks must be worn by everyone age 2 years and older, fully covering your nose and mouth, at all times when in the indoor SSSP meeting space unless actively eating, drinking, or presenting. For example, if you’re on a panel and not presenting, you must wear a mask. If you’re at a reception and not eating or drinking, or presenting you must wear a mask.
We recognize that the COVID-19 situation is fluid and requirements may change in line with evolving conditions.
Note: Children under 18 are required to show proof of vaccination and get a meeting badge at the registration desk, though they do not need to register as guests. Children are expected to follow the same requirements as adults, to the extent possible, and wear a badge and mask in all SSSP meeting space. Children 5 and up must have full vaccination plus booster, as per the definition above. Children 6 months-4 years, must have two doses of Moderna or Pfizer.
- Please review CDC recommendations and guidance on domestic travel and international travel. Both pages include information for before, during, and after travel.
- We will send a daily health monitor message via the mobile app to all attendees: “Please monitor your health and if you exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19, please take appropriate action.”
- If you have been in recent close contact with someone testing positive for COVID-19, please do not enter the SSSP meeting space.
- While attendees are asked to bring their own masks, a limited number will be available upon request at the SSSP registration desk for emergency use only.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the SSSP meeting space.
- Session organizers and presiders are asked to remind attendees at the start of a meeting or session that masks are required unless actively presenting.
- Distancing is encouraged wherever possible.
- Visit the Los Angeles County Covid Act Now site for updated COVID-19 information.
- The nearest hospital to the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza is the Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center, 1401 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, (213) 748-2411. (1.6 miles from the conference hotel)
- The nearest pharmacy to the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza is Ralph’s Market, 645 W 9th Street, Los Angeles, (213) 452-0830. (1 mile from the conference hotel)
- The nearest urgent care clinic to the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza is Reliant Urgent Care, 814 S Francisco, Los Angeles, (310) 491-7070. (1.2 miles from the conference hotel)
- The nearest testing location to the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza is the Angeles Community Health Center, 1919 W 7th Street, 1st Floor, Los Angeles, (866) 981-3002 (closed Sunday) (2 miles from the conference hotel)
- The nearest free testing location to the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza is the Pershing Square, 532 S. Olive Street, Los Angeles, (888) 702-9043 (appointment required, closed Saturday and Sunday) (2 miles from the conference hotel)