Latest SSSP News
Archives - May 2014
May 29, 2014
Social Problems Editorial Office is Moving to University of Illinois at Chicago
We are writing to remind you that the editorial office of Social Problems is moving to the University of Illinois at Chicago on June 1, 2014. As of this date, all new submissions and all revised submissions will be the responsibility of Dr. Pamela Anne Quiroz and Dr. Nilda Flores-Gonzalez and their editorial team.
Manuscripts will still be submitted via Manuscript Central:
To learn more about our new editors visit: http://sssp1.org/NewEditorsofSocialProblems
Please join us in thanking Dr. Becky Pettit for her leadership and dedication during the past three years as Editor of Social Problems <email@example.com> and welcoming Dr. Quiroz <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Dr. Flores-Gonzalez <email@example.com>.
05/29/2014, 05:14 PM
May 28, 2014
Reminder: 2015 General Election Nominations
Shannon Monnat, Chairperson of the Council of the Divisions, asked us to distribute the following announcement. Please respond directly to Shannon at SHANNON.MONNAT@GMAIL.COM if you have any questions.
The Administrative Office
Nominations are open for candidates to run in the 2015 General Election. We will be electing a President-Elect, a Vice-President Elect, regular and student members of the Board of Directors, members of the Budget, Finance, and Audit Committee, Committee on Committees, Editorial and Publications Committee, and the Membership and Outreach Committee. Please consider nominating a colleague or yourself for one of these offices by completing the online nomination form.
Nominations should include a brief description of the nominee's SSSP involvement and other relevant experiences. The Nominations Committee will meet at the Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA. All nominations should be submitted prior to Sunday, June 15. The Board of Directors will approve the slate of candidates for the 2015 General Election on August 17. If you have any questions, please contact Shannon Monnat directly.
Online Nomination Form: http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/pageid/1082/
05/28/2014, 02:53 PM
May 15, 2014
The 2014 Preliminary Program is now available!
The 2014 Preliminary Program is now available online! Click here to view sessions, special events, and information about San Francisco. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in just a few short months!
05/15/2014, 11:48 AM
2013 C. Wright Mills Finalists
The 2013 C. Wright Mills Award Finalists have been selected.
The committee reviewed 77 nominated books to select the five finalists. The committee will select the final winner prior to the Annual Meeting and announce the winner at the Awards Banquet and Ceremony in San Francisco, CA. All finalists’ books will be recognized in the 2014 Annual Conference program and at the ceremony.
To an outstanding degree, each of the finalists met the criteria for the award:
- Critically addresses an issue of contemporary public importance.
- Brings to the topic a fresh, imaginative perspective.
- Advances social scientific understanding of the topic.
- Displays a theoretically informed view and empirical orientation.
- Evinces quality in style of writing.
- Explicitly or implicitly contains implications for courses of action.
To view the list of finalists, visit: http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/603/2013_C_Wright_Mills_Award_Finalists/
05/15/2014, 10:29 AM
May 08, 2014
- Jan 2019
- Feb 2019
- Mar 2019
- Apr 2019
- May 2019
- Jun 2019
- Jul 2019
- Aug 2019
- Sep 2019
- Oct 2019
- Nov 2019
- Dec 2019
- 2019 C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Approaching Fast – 12/15/19
- Human Rights Day
- Registration for the 2020 Annual Meeting is now open!
- End of the Year Reminders
- Strengthen this important organization as we work toward social justice
- SSSP: Editorial Search forSocial Problems – Call for Applications
- Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards
- Call for Papers: Engage in theory and practice with folks from across the country and around the world
- General Election Ballot Preview
- The Benefits of SSSP Membership
- In Pursuit of Social Justice
- Child Care Crisis in America
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- SSSP Members News
- Job Opportunities
- November issue of Social Problems is now available
- 2019 Annual Meeting Thank you!
- The SSSP Call for Papers for the 2020 Annual Meeting is now live!
- SSSP Membership Survey (deadline 10/15/19)
- SSSP Membership Survey (deadline 10/15/19)