Latest SSSP News
Archives - July 2014
July 28, 2014
2014 Proposed Resolutions
Resolutions constitute an important opportunity for our scholar-activist membership to analyze and opine on contemporary social problems that it believes the Society should address as a social justice organization. All SSSP members are invited to review the proposed 2014 resolutions and participate in the resolutions process.
New resolution guidelines were adopted in order to promote and facilitate wider discussion prior to formal consideration at the 2014 Business Meeting [Saturday, August 16 from 4:15pm - 5:25pm, Club Room]. To that end, please review the two proposed resolutions. An open forum to discuss the proposed resolutions will be held on the first day of the annual meetings at Friday, August 15, 2:30pm - 4:10pm, Foothill F. Possible modifications to the resolutions will be considered during the open discussion. The revised (if any) resolutions will then be presented as a package for approval by the membership at the business meeting.
We would also like to remind individuals and divisions who submitted resolutions, that the administrative office may call on you to assist in the action called for in your resolution (e.g. helping to draft a letter to a government official). Our thanks to everyone who submitted a resolution and to our members for giving them careful consideration. If you have any questions regarding the proposed resolutions, please contact Luis A. Fernandez, 2013-2014 SSSP Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposed Resolutions: http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/607/2014_Proposed_Resolutions/
07/28/2014, 04:27 PM
- Jan 2019
- Feb 2019
- Mar 2019
- Apr 2019
- May 2019
- Jun 2019
- Jul 2019
- Aug 2019
- Optional One-Day Workshops!!
- Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson
- Annual Meeting Special Events
- Annual Meeting Receptions & Special Events!
- Presidential Perspectives on Current Social Problems
- Welcome to the SSSP's 69th Annual Meeting!
- Download the SSSP App!
- Final Program Reminder
- Register On-site in NYC
- Two Feature Films: America; I Too AND Voices of the Lumbee
- Welcome to New York!
- August issue of Social Problems is now available
- Online Annual Meeting Registration Deadline is July 21
- Annual Meeting Mobile App
- Few Tickets Remaining for Optional Walking Tours and One-Day Workshops
- Deadline for Annual Meeting Preregistration
- Accessibility Guidelines
- Review the 2019 Preliminary Program
- Increased Impact Factor announced
- Be a Mentor or Be Mentored—Deadline June 30