Latest SSSP News
Archives - October 2016
October 27, 2016
Benefits of Membership
Benefits of Membership: Perhaps no other professional organization is as committed to tackling contemporary social problems and redefining historical social facts as the SSSP. Our community of activist scholars places a priority on supporting not only emerging scholarship, but on supporting graduate students and junior scholars. For many respected senior scholars, SSSP was the first organization that actively supported their work by inviting them into a dynamic community of individuals dedicated to activist scholarship. Membership provides access to this welcoming community of individuals who do rigorous, groundbreaking social research. Through our annual meetings and our highly regarded journal, Social Problems, SSSP has shared new knowledge and developed myriad working partnerships and professional friendships for over 60 years. Please consider joining us in this worthwhile endeavor by becoming a member or renewing your membership today! http://www.sssp1.org/membershippromo/
10/27/2016, 12:47 PM
October 21, 2016
November issue of Social Problems is now available
The November issue of Social Problems is now available on the SSSP website for all members. Please visit our website at www.sssp1.org or follow the members-only link below for complimentary electronic access. All issues from 1953 - current are available. Members are required to login using your e-mail and password. If you have forgotten your password, you may enter your e-mail address below the log-in area and your password will be e-mailed to you. If you have recently changed your e-mail address, you will need to log in using the address SSSP has on file for you. If you have any questions or need assistance, please e-mail Marisa Stone, Administrative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10/21/2016, 03:17 PM
Nominations are open for candidates to run in the 2018 General Election
Nominations are open for candidates to run in the 2018 General Election. We will be electing a President-Elect, a Vice-President Elect, regular and student members of the Board of Directors, members of the Budget, Finance, and Audit Committee, Committee on Committees, Editorial and Publications Committee, and the Membership and Outreach Committee. Please consider nominating a colleague or yourself for one of these offices by completing the online nomination form.
Nominations should include a brief description of the nominee’s SSSP involvement and other relevant experiences. The Nominations Committee will meet at the Annual Meeting in Seattle, WA. All nominations should be submitted prior to Thursday, June 15, 2017. The Board of Directors will approve the slate of candidates for the 2018 General Election on August 13, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Bhoomi K. Thakore, Chairperson, Council of the Divisions.
Note: If a SSSP member is interested in serving on an appointed committee, the member may select the appropriate committee when renewing membership. The Administrative Office will give your name to the Committee on Committees for consideration.
10/21/2016, 11:28 AM
October 13, 2016
October 07, 2016
The Call for Papers for the 2017 Annual Meeting is now live!
The Call for Papers for the 2017 Annual Meeting is now live! View the Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards announcement and submit a paper or nominate a book, article, or scholar! We are very excited about our 67th Annual Meeting, to be held August 11-13, 2017 at the Montreal Bonaventure Hotel in Montreal, Quebec Canada. This year’s theme selected by President Donileen R. Loseke is Narratives in the World of Social Problems: Power, Resistance, Transformation. We hope to see you in Montreal!
10/07/2016, 08:59 PM
October 06, 2016
Renew your membership today! Current membership guarantees access to all of SSSP’s publications, latest news, and professional networking with other scholar-activists. Click here to renew today!
Membership Renewal: http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/pageid/925/
10/06/2016, 01:09 PM
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)
- Member Report on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- SSSP: Search for the Next Social Problems Editor – Application Deadline 1/15/23
- Gender-based Violence and a Global Agenda for Social Justice