Latest SSSP News
Archives - December 2022
December 22, 2022
Your Donation is Tax Deductible
Did you know that the SSSP is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization? We accept tax deductible contributions to support our general operation and for specific purposes. Your donation of any amount will help sustain the Society, show your appreciation for your past or current involvement with the SSSP, and support further sociologists and the discipline. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
12/22/2022, 01:22 PM
December 20, 2022
Give the Gift of SSSP
12/20/2022, 12:46 PM
December 15, 2022
End of the Year Reminders
As this year comes to a close, the SSSP would like to take a moment to remind you of a few important announcements. If you have not already done so, take this opportunity to renew your membership for 2023; nominate a book for the C. Wright Mills Award and/or a 2023 Annual Meeting Author Meets Critics Session; preview the ballot for the upcoming 2023 General Election; and apply for one of the SSSP Division’s Student Paper Competitions, Outstanding Scholarship Awards, or the Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship. It’s also not too late to submit a paper for the 2023 Annual Meeting.
12/15/2022, 12:40 PM
December 13, 2022
Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
Proposals for the Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions must be submitted to Program Chair, Mary Romero, by December 15, 2022. The Program Committee will select two books to be featured on the program.
Proposals must include:
- Complete Book Title (include publisher name and publication date)
- Brief statement (200 words maximum) about the book’s importance to the study of social problems and the advancement of social justice in general, as well as the relevance of the book for the annual meeting’s theme
- Session Organizer(s), including their e-mail address(es)—authors cannot serve as session organizers
- A list of potential critics, including their e-mail addresses
For questions, please contact Program Chair Mary Romero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12/13/2022, 12:24 PM
December 09, 2022
In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
In case you missed it! SSSP, in collaboration with ASA’s SPPS, AAAC, and SWS recently hosted the webinar “Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace.” The recording can be accessed here.
12/09/2022, 01:32 PM
December 08, 2022
C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
Nominations are open for the C. Wright Mills Award. Members of the Society are encouraged (but not required) to submit letters of nomination for this prestigious annual award. Self-nominations are acceptable. Authors and/or nominators do not need to be current members of SSSP. Edited volumes, textbooks, fiction and self-published works are not eligible. Eligible books must be first edition (not a reprint or later edition) and bear a 2022 copyright. Exceptions may be made for a book bearing a 2021 copyright, but that was not released until 2022 for the first time. The C. Wright Mills Award, established in 1964, is made annually and carries with it a stipend of $1,000 for the author(s) of the winning book. The deadline for the 2022 award nominations is December 15, 2022
12/08/2022, 01:28 PM
December 06, 2022
Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)
Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)
Join SSSP, in collaboration with ASA’s SPPS, AAAC, and SWS today from 5:00pm-6:30pm (Eastern Time) for the second webinar in a 3-part series on Applied Sociology! Register now for “Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace.”
12/06/2022, 09:45 AM
December 05, 2022
Member Report on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
Dr. Morena Tartari, University of Padua, Membership and Outreach Committee
12/05/2022, 01:38 PM
December 01, 2022
SSSP: Search for the Next Social Problems Editor – Application Deadline 1/15/23
SSSP is soliciting applications for the position of Editor of the Society’s flagship journal, Social Problems. Click here for a full description of the position and application process. The deadline for applications is January 15, 2023.
12/01/2022, 11:37 AM
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)
- Member Report on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- SSSP: Search for the Next Social Problems Editor – Application Deadline 1/15/23
- Gender-based Violence and a Global Agenda for Social Justice