Latest SSSP News
Archives - January 2015
January 29, 2015
Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2015 Annual Meeting
Submit a paper for the SSSP 2015 Annual Meeting, http://sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/611/fuseaction/ssspsession2.publicView. The deadline is midnight (EST) on January 31, 2015.
Apply for one of the SSSP Division’s Student Paper Competitions or Outstanding Scholarship Awards, http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/296. The deadline for all Student Paper Competitions is midnight (EST) on January 31, 2015. In order to be considered for any of the Student Paper Competitions, applicants are required to submit their papers through the Annual Meeting Call for Papers, http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/611/. This will ensure that winning papers are both designated and included in the program. Please note that students may only submit to one division and that each division has its own deadline and submission process. The deadline for the Outstanding Scholarship Awards varies across divisions.
01/29/2015, 12:04 PM
January 28, 2015
Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Scholarship Deadline Extended
Due to the Northeast Storm, the deadline for applications for the
2015 Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Scholarship has been extended to February 6, 2015.
Please submit your application as soon as possible because the deadline cannot be extended again under any circumstances.
01/28/2015, 12:28 PM
January 06, 2015
Thank You, SSSP 2014 Contributors!
Thanks to the support of the 2014 contributors, the Society for the Study of Social Problems has received $4,261 to fund essential programs and initiatives that further our study of vital social problems. Our goal for 2015 is to continue to grow our mission through contributions of members. To see a complete listing of the 2014 donations visit: http://sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/584/index.cfm/m/584/pageID/1758/.
01/06/2015, 10:13 AM
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)
- Member Report on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- SSSP: Search for the Next Social Problems Editor – Application Deadline 1/15/23
- Gender-based Violence and a Global Agenda for Social Justice