Latest SSSP News
SSSP: Takes Action! Letter to President Raisi (5-15-22)
As the Executive Officer of the Society for the Study of Social Problems (SSSP), an interdisciplinary organization of scholars, students, activists and practitioners committed to applying critical, scientific, and humanistic perspectives to the study of vital social problems, Dr. Héctor L. Delgado has written to express deep concern for Dr. Ahmadreza Djalali’s health and to ask that President Raisi use his authority to suspend Dr. Djalali's execution on May 21, as reported by a number of news outlets.
While Dr. Delgado, and many others, are calling for his outright release, they are urging President Raisi, at minimum, to suspend the execution and to ensure that Dr. Djalali is permitted access to his lawyer and family in Iran, to call to his wife and children in Sweden, and to receive the medical care that he so urgently needs.
Click here to view the letter.
- Jan 2022
- Feb 2022
- Mar 2022
- Apr 2022
- May 2022
- Jun 2022
- Jul 2022
- Reserve your room at the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
- Join Us for the 2022 Annual Meeting
- SSSP Mentoring Program—Deadline June 30
- SSSP Joins Scholars-at-Risk
- Tickets Remaining for the Optional Walking Tours
- 2022 Proposed Resolutions
- Call for Nominations for the SSSP 2023 General Election (nomination deadline 6/15)
- SSSP Sociologists in the Public Square
- Review the 2022 Preliminary Program
- Call for Nominations for the SSSP 2023 General Election (deadline 6/15)
- SSSP: Takes Action! Letter to President Raisi (5-15-22)
- SSSP Mentoring Program, deadline June 30
- Reminder: All Program Participants Must Register by June 1
- 2021 C. Wright Mills Award Finalists
- SSSP: Online Preliminary Program is Now Available
- FREE Virtual International Conference: Reimagining our Worlds from Below: Transnational Conversations on Resistance, Movements, and Transformations (May 2022)
- Social Problems Special Issue – Call for Papers: The Racism of Omission, submission deadline: 5/20/22
- Register for the 2022 In-person Annual Meeting
- What are you reading before the summer meeting?
- Two New Kauffman Foundation Paper Awards, nomination deadline April 30