Latest SSSP News
Board Resolution in Honor of Representative John R. Lewis
On behalf of the Board, we have sent letters (and a copy of the resolution) to the President of the United States and Congressional leaders, urging them to expand voter rights, to enact criminal justice system reforms, to assist states with federal funds to ensure fair and safe elections in November, to rename the Edmund Pettus Bridge the John R. Lewis Bridge, and to replace the statue of Alexander Hamilton Stephens in the Capitol with one of John R. Lewis. We have sent letters to John Lewis’s staff in Atlanta and Washington, D.C. expressing our condolences (and asking them to convey our condolences to his family) and to the Governor of Alabama and legislative leaders in the state urging them to rename the Pettus bridge the John R. Lewis Bridge.
To read a copy of the Board Resolution in honor of Representative John R. Lewis click here.
To read the letter to President of the United States and Congressional Leaders click here.
To read the letter to the Governor of Alabama and Alabama Legislature click here.
To read the condolences letter to John R. Lewis’s staff click here.
- Jan 2020
- Feb 2020
- Mar 2020
- Apr 2020
- May 2020
- Jun 2020
- Jul 2020
- Aug 2020
- Sep 2020
- How Non-Academics Can Benefit from SSSP
- Submit a Manuscript for Social Problems
- Social Problems in the Age of COVID-19 Volume 1: US Perspectives
- TWO-DAY SCHOLAR STRIKE: SEPTEMBER 8-9, 2020: #ScholarStrike
- Additional Offers from Bristol University Press | Home of Policy Press
- 25% Discount Available for SSSP Members from Bristol University Press | Home of Policy Press
- What Our Members Say
- 2020 Approved Resolutions
- SSSP 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting Recordings are now Available
- Congratulations to the Student Paper Competition Winners
- Congratulations to the Award, Fellowship, and Scholarship Winners
- 2020 SSSP ½-day Virtual Annual Meeting Thank You
- Plenary Pandemic Focused Session
- Welcome to the SSSP ½-day Virtual Annual Meeting
- 2020 SSSP Virtual ½-day Annual Meeting Reminder
- 2019 C. Wright Mills Award Finalists
- Agenda for Social Justice: Solutions for 2020
- 2020 SSSP Virtual Book Exhibit
- Board Resolution in Honor of Representative John R. Lewis
- August issue of Social Problems is now available