Sport, Leisure, and the Body Division
STUDENT PAPER COMPETITION
Extended Deadline: 1/13/23
The Sport, Leisure, and the Body Division announces its 2023 Graduate Student Paper Competition. Papers may be empirical and/or theoretical, and may be on any aspect of sport, leisure, and/or the body, broadly construed. The winner will receive a cash award of $150, a plaque of recognition, student membership in SSSP for 2023, and complimentary registration for the 2023 Annual Meeting. One honorable mention will be awarded $50. To be eligible, a paper must meet the following criteria:
- the applicant must be a graduate student at the time of the SSSP Annual Meeting on August 18-20, 2023;
- the applicant must be the first (lead) author on the paper;
- the paper must not be co-authored with a faculty member or a colleague who is not a student;
- the paper must not have been submitted to or accepted for publication (papers that have been submitted for presentation at a professional meeting are eligible);
- the paper must not exceed 30 pages including notes, references, and tables;
- the paper must be typed using 12-point font in either Times New Roman or Courier;
- student papers may only be submitted to one of the SSSP division award competitions.
All submitting authors are required to submit their papers through the annual meeting Call for Papers process as a condition for consideration for the award. In addition, please submit your paper electronically as a Microsoft Word or PDF file to Luis F. Nuño at email@example.com. Paper submission must be dated (via electronic time/date stamp) on or before 1/31/23.