Crime and Juvenile Delinquency Division
STUDENT PAPER COMPETITION
The Crime and Juvenile Delinquency Division (CJDD) invites submissions for its annual graduate student paper competition. Papers submitted to the CJDD Student Paper Competition may be empirical or theoretical papers covering a broad range of topics in crime and juvenile delinquency.
Award: The CJDD winner will receive (1) a $150 cash prize on behalf of the CJDD, (2) an award plaque provided by the SSSP, (3) compensation covering membership dues and conference registration provided by the SSSP, and (4) recognition at the CJDD divisional meeting and the SSSP awards ceremony. Please note, if the paper is co-authored, there is only one cash award, one membership award, and one conference registration award. A recognition plaque will be provided for each co-author.
1. All authors are a graduate student at the time of submission to the graduate student paper competition; therefore, the paper must be student authored or student co-authored. The paper may not be co-authored with a faculty member.
2. The paper is not published at the time of submission to the CJDD competition.
3. You have not submitted your paper to another SSSP division student paper competition. As per SSSP rules, you may only submit your paper to one division student paper competition.
- Recommended length is thirty pages or less, which includes tables, charts, figures, and bibliography; longer papers will be considered but length is one criterion of evaluation. Submissions should use 12-point font, one-inch margins, and double spacing,
- All award-winning papers will be included in the SSSP annual meeting program; therefore, all submissions to the CJDD paper competition must also be submitted through SSSP’s online annual meeting Call for Papers submission portal.
To submit: Send the paper and a cover letter confirming eligibility to CJDD Graduate Student Paper Award Committee Chair Dr. Lloyd Klein, LaGuardia Community College-CUNY: . Please send Microsoft Word or PDF files only. The submission deadline is January 31, 2019, but early submissions are welcome and encouraged.
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
The Crime and Juvenile Delinquency Division (CJDD) seeks nominations for their Lifetime Achievement Award. This is a biannual award given by the CJDD to honor individuals for their distinguished scholarship in the fields of crime and delinquency and/or for prosocial activism in addressing crime, delinquency, and justice. To nominate someone for this award, please provide a statement outlining the nominee’s relevant contributions and the nominee’s curriculum vitae. Please submit these materials electronically to Dr. Stephani Williams at , using MS Word or PDF attachments. The CJDD will host a 2019 Awards Session to present the award to the winner, which features a collegial panel discussion of the recipient’s contributions.