Latest SSSP News
Archives - June 2012
June 14, 2012
Hotel Reservation Reminder
Please remember to make your hotel reservation and stay conveniently on-site for the SSSP Annual Meeting! This hotel is a 5-7 minute walk to the ASA conference sites.
The special SSSP group rate is $189 per night (deluxe room rate and includes complimentary, high-speed wired internet access) at the Grand Hyatt Denver Hotel. Rate is exclusive of 14.85% tax and subject to change without notice.
To book a reservation, go to: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/SSSP2012. If necessary, you can also call the Central Reservations department directly at 888-421-1442 (24hrs). When you call to make your reservation, please give the group name (The Society for the Study of Social Problems) to ensure you are given the correct room rate. Please be sure to make your reservation as soon as possible to obtain this special rate! Reservations must be confirmed by Monday, July 23 at 12:00am (MST) to guarantee a room rate of $189/night. Reservations made after July 23rd or after the room block is filled (whichever comes first) are subject to non-availability and rate increase. Each reservation must be guaranteed with a credit card. There must be a 24 hours notice for cancellation prior to arrival. Any cancellation made after this will forfeit one night room and tax.
06/14/2012, 12:05 PM
Call for Resolutions
SSSP resolutions constitute an important opportunity for our scholar-activist membership to publicly declare their sentiments, thereby creating a channel for greater visibility and more direct influence upon a variety of "publics," i.e., fellow activists, scholars, students, decision-makers, social action groups, voters, and others. Members who wish to propose resolutions for consideration, should submit them to the appropriate Division Chairperson(s) (see http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/464/The_Special_Problems_Divisions/ for current contact information) and directly to the SSSP Vice-President at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2012.
Click here for more information.
06/14/2012, 12:01 PM
June 11, 2012
Social Problems Forum Summer Newsletter is now available!
Social Problems Forum: The Newsletter Volume 43:2 is now available. Also, check out this month’s Feature Article by Mike Stout: Social Capital as a Tool for Community and Economic Development.
06/11/2012, 08:50 AM
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)
- Member Report on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- SSSP: Search for the Next Social Problems Editor – Application Deadline 1/15/23
- Gender-based Violence and a Global Agenda for Social Justice