Latest SSSP News
Archives - October 2015
October 26, 2015
Nominations are open for candidates to run in the 2017 General Election
Nominations are open for candidates to run in the 2017 General Election. We will be electing a President-Elect, a Vice-President Elect, regular and student members of the Board of Directors, members of the Budget, Finance, and Audit Committee, Committee on Committees, Editorial and Publications Committee, and the Membership and Outreach Committee. Please consider nominating a colleague or yourself for one of these offices by completing the online nomination form.
Nominations should include a brief description of the nominee’s SSSP involvement and other relevant experiences. The Nominations Committee will meet at the Annual Meeting in Seattle, WA. All nominations should be submitted prior to Wednesday, June 15, 2016. The Board of Directors will approve the slate of candidates for the 2017 General Election on August 21, 2016. If you have any questions, please contact Bhoomi K. Thakore, Chairperson, Council of the Divisions.
Note: If a SSSP member is interested in serving on an appointed committee, the member may select the appropriate committee when renewing membership. The Administrative Office will give your name to the Committee on Committees for consideration.
10/26/2015, 09:14 AM
October 22, 2015
October 20, 2015
Benefits of Membership
Perhaps no other professional organization is as committed to tackling contemporary social problems and redefining historical social facts as the SSSP. Our community of activist scholars places a priority on supporting not only emerging scholarship, but on supporting graduate students and junior scholars. For many respected senior scholars, SSSP was the first organization that actively supported their work by inviting them into a dynamic community of individuals dedicated to activist scholarship. Membership provides access to this welcoming community of individuals who do rigorous, groundbreaking social research. Through our annual meetings and our highly regarded journal, Social Problems, SSSP has shared new knowledge and developed myriad working partnerships and professional friendships for over 60 years. Please consider joining us in this worthwhile endeavor by becoming a member or renewing your membership today!http://www.sssp1.org/membershippromo/
10/20/2015, 10:58 AM
October 13, 2015
Complimentary Job Postings
10/13/2015, 08:31 AM
October 09, 2015
The Call for Papers for the 2016 Annual Meeting is now live!
The Call for Papers for the 2016 Annual Meeting is now live! View the Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards announcement and submit a paper or nominate a book, article, or scholar! We are very excited about our 66th Annual Meeting, to be held August 19-21, 2016 at the Westin Seattle Hotel in Seattle, WA. This year’s theme selected by President David A. Smith is Globalizing Social Problems. Please visit the following links for more information and forward to others who may be interested. You will also be receiving a poster in the mail shortly.
We look forward to seeing you in Seattle!
10/09/2015, 12:18 PM
October 06, 2015
2015 Annual Meeting Highlight page
The 2015 Annual Meeting highlight page is now available! For survey results, meeting minutes, featured abstracts, presidential address audio, photos taken, and much more, visit http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/pageid/1892.
10/06/2015, 09:23 AM
- Scholars at Risk Network Information Sharing “Drop-in” Sessions: February 16th - June 15th, 2023
- SSSP Membership Benefit: Policy Brief Writing Workshop
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/23
- Don’t forget to submit a paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)