Latest SSSP News
Archives - February 2016
February 24, 2016
Professor Jennifer Carlson joins "The Authors' Attic" to talk about her article
Hear about SP's latest research from the authors themselves. Professor Jennifer Carlson joins "The Authors' Attic" to talk about her article: "Moral Panic, Moral Breach: Bernhard Goetz, George Zimmerman, and Racialized News Reporting in Contested Cases of Self-Defense." http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/635/
02/24/2016, 02:41 PM
February 15, 2016
February 09, 2016
The Society for the Study of Social Problems provides a FREE career center for members and non-members to browse current jobs related to sociology. We also allow employers to POST JOBS for FREE!
To find or post your next job opportunity, visit http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/320/locationSectionId/0/Job_Opportunities.
02/09/2016, 04:58 PM
February 03, 2016
Student Awards and Scholarships
Do you, or a graduate student you know, need a graduate scholarship? SSSP has many Student Awards and Scholarships for you to consider including the Beth B. Hess Memorial Scholarship for students who began their study in community college (deadline 4/1). Travel funds for undergraduate and graduate students to attend the Annual Meeting (deadline 3/15). There are many opportunities for emerging scholars to get connected and get their research funded and their scholarship recognized.
For full details, go to:http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/24/Awards_&_Scholarships/
02/03/2016, 01:04 PM
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)
- Member Report on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- SSSP: Search for the Next Social Problems Editor – Application Deadline 1/15/23
- Gender-based Violence and a Global Agenda for Social Justice