Latest SSSP News
Archives - February 2017
February 28, 2017
Dr. Eric Anthony Grollman joins “The Authors’ Attic”" to talk about his article
Hear about Social Problems’ latest research from the authors themselves. Dr. Eric Anthony Grollman joins “The Authors’ Attic”" to talk about his article: “Sexual Health and Multiple Forms of Discrimination Among Heterosexual Youth.”
02/28/2017, 12:45 PM
February 23, 2017
Make your Hotel Reservation for the Annual Meeting
This year’s Annual Meeting will be held at Montreal Bonaventure Hotel. Please consider securing a room in the SSSP room block at our discounted room rate of $189 (CAD) plus tax, per night. Staying in the conference hotel will be very convenient for you. To learn more visit: http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/695/Hotel_Reservation_Information/
02/23/2017, 12:00 PM
February 21, 2017
Register for the Annual Meeting
Registration is open for the 2017 Annual Meeting. In addition to all of the exciting sessions, panel discussions, and events, we are pleased to offer optional One-Day Workshops for our attendees. Current members of SSSP can register at the lowest rates. Follow this link to register: http://www.sssp1.org/2017_Annual_Meeting_Registration.
To learn more about the One-Day Workshops visit:
02/21/2017, 01:14 PM
February 16, 2017
The Society for the Study of Social Problems provides a FREE career center for members and non-members to browse current jobs related to sociology. We also allow employers to POST JOBS for FREE!
To find or post your next job opportunity, visit http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/320/locationSectionId/0/Job_Opportunities
02/16/2017, 01:15 PM
February 15, 2017
February 09, 2017
SSSP Student Awards and Scholarships
Do you, or a graduate student you know, need a graduate scholarship? SSSP has many Student Awards and Scholarships for you to consider including the Beth B. Hess Memorial Scholarship for students who began their study in community college (deadline 4/1). Travel funds for undergraduate and graduate students to attend the Annual Meeting are also available (deadline 3/15). There are many opportunities for emerging scholars to get connected and get their research funded and their scholarship recognized.
For full details, go to: http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/24/Awards_&_Scholarships/
02/09/2017, 02:04 PM
February 06, 2017
Call for the next Editor of Social Problems – Extended Deadline – March 1, 2017
The application deadline for the next Editor of Social Problems has been extended to March 1, 2017. For a full description of the position and application process, please visit: (http://www.sssp1.org/file/2017/Call_for_Social_Problems_Editor_Revised-Extended_Deadline.pdf). Please direct all inquiries, nominations, expressions of interest, and application materials to Dr. Corey Dolgon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
02/06/2017, 10:26 AM
February 02, 2017
SSSP Issues Statement on President Trump's Immigration Executive Order
The SSSP issued a statement calling for the immediate rescission of President Donald J. Trump's Executive Order barring immigration from seven majority-Muslim countries and suspending indefinitely the Syrian Refugee Program.
Click here to view the statement.
02/02/2017, 10:45 AM
- Scholars at Risk Network Information Sharing “Drop-in” Sessions: February 16th - June 15th, 2023
- SSSP Membership Benefit: Policy Brief Writing Workshop
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/23
- Don’t forget to submit a paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)