Latest SSSP News
Archives - January 2019
January 31, 2019
January 29, 2019
Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/19
for the Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship must be finalized no later than midnight (EST) on February 1, 2019 (). The purpose of the fellowship is to identify and support developing minority scholars who exemplify and give fresh voice to the SSSP history and commitment to scholar activism. Remember, you must be a current SSSP member to be eligible for the Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship. Visit / to join/renew today!
01/29/2019, 09:15 AM
January 24, 2019
Submit a paper for the SSSP 2019 Annual Meeting–Deadline 1/31/19
Submit a paper for the 2019 Annual Meeting, . The deadline is midnight (EST) on January 31, 2019.
Apply for one of the SSSP Division’s Student Paper Competitions or Outstanding Scholarship Awards,https://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/296/Student_Paper_
Competitions_and_Outstanding_Scholarship_Awards. The deadline for all Student Paper Competitions is January 31, 2019. In order to be considered for any of the Student Paper Competitions, applicants are required to submit their papers through the Annual Meeting Call for Papers, . This will ensure that winning papers are both designated and included in the program. Please note that students may only submit to one division and that each division has its own submission process. The deadline for the Outstanding Scholarship Awards varies across divisions.
01/24/2019, 10:18 AM
January 22, 2019
Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
The deadline to submit a paper for the 2019 Annual Meeting is midnight (EST) on January 31, 2019, . If you are new to SSSP or just curious about the annual meeting, check out our list of frequently asked (or at least pondered) questions at
01/22/2019, 11:32 AM
January 17, 2019
Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards
Apply for one of the SSSP Division’s Student Paper Competitions or Outstanding Scholarship Awards,
. The deadline for all Student Paper Competitions is midnight (EST) on January 31, 2019. In order to be considered for any of the Student Paper Competitions, applicants are required to submit their papers through the Annual Meeting Call for Papers, . This will ensure that winning papers are both designated and included in the program. Please note that students may only submit to one division and that each division has its own submission process. The deadline for the Outstanding Scholarship Awards varies across divisions.
01/17/2019, 10:40 AM
January 15, 2019
February issue of Social Problems is now available
The February issue of Social Problems is now available on the SSSP website for all members at or follow the members-only link below for complimentary electronic access. All issues from 1953 - current are available. Members are required to login using your e-mail and password. If you have forgotten your password, you may enter your e-mail address below the log-in area, and your password will be e-mailed to you. If you have recently changed your e-mail address, you will need to log in using the address SSSP has on file for you. If you have any questions or need assistance, please e-mail Kelsey Arnold, Assistant to the Administrative Officer, at .
01/15/2019, 10:31 AM
January 10, 2019
January 08, 2019
Thank You, SSSP 2018 Contributors!
Thank you for your support and dedication to the Society for the Study of Social Problems. Your willingness to give has helped to fund essential programs and initiatives that further our study of vital social problems. Based on your generosity, we received $5,003 in 2018 contributions, . Our goal for 2019 is to continue to grow our mission through contributions of members like you and we sincerely appreciate your support. To see a complete listing of the 2019 tax-deductible contribution opportunities, visit: .
01/08/2019, 11:06 AM
January 03, 2019
Renew Your Membership
Current membership guarantees access to all of SSSP’s publications, latest news, and professional networking with other scholar-activists. Remember to renew your membership for 2019, if you have not already:
01/03/2019, 11:05 AM
- Thank You, SSSP 2019 Contributors!
- February issue of Social Problems is now available
- How Non-Academics Can Benefit from SSSP
- SSSP is soliciting applications for Social Problems Editor–Deadline Today
- Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards–Upcoming Deadlines
- SSSP is soliciting applications for Social Problems Editor–Deadline 1/15/20
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/20
- Announcing Launch of Social Problems High Impact Article Collection
- Renew Your Membership and Register for the 2020 Annual Meeting
- The Benefits of SSSP Membership
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- 2019 C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Approaching Fast – 12/15/19
- Human Rights Day
- Registration for the 2020 Annual Meeting is now open!
- End of the Year Reminders
- Strengthen this important organization as we work toward social justice
- SSSP: Editorial Search forSocial Problems – Call for Applications
- Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards
- Call for Papers: Engage in theory and practice with folks from across the country and around the world