Documents, Articles, and Books on Human Rights
The following are links to important documents and other important materials, including bibliographies on human rights.
- Human rights reading list compiled by the Equality and Human Rights Commission, Great Britain’s national equality body and awarded an ‘A’ status as a National Human Rights Institution (NHRI) by the United Nations.
- Open Global Rights believes that the challenges facing human rights are best met when actors converse, learn and innovate across geographic, linguistic, and disciplinary lines. OpenGlobalRights brings those voices together, allowing the field to enrich itself through the ideas and experiences of one another.
- Recommended reading by Human Rights Watch (HRW). Learn more about HRW under Human Rights News and Updates.
- Science, Engineering and Human Rights: A Select Annotated Bibliography (American Association for the Advancement of Science)
- Tools and Resources: Science and Human Rights Coalition (American Association for the Advancement of Science)
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Blau, Judith, and Mark Frezzo, eds. 2011. Sociology and Human Rights: A Bill of Rights for the Twenty-First Century. Newbury Park, CA: Pine Forge Press.
- Brunsma, David L., Keri E. Iyall Smith, and Brian K. Gran, eds. 2013. Handbook of Sociology and Human Rights. Boulder, CO: Paradigm Publishers.
- Dale, John, Mehra, Ashley, 2020. How Humanitarian Blockchain Can Deliver Fair Labor to Global Supply Chains. University of Cambridge, Centre for the Study of Global Human Movement.
- Delgado, Héctor L. 2013. "Labor and Labor Movements." In Handbook of Sociology and Human Rights, edited by David L. Brunsma, Keri E. Iyall Smith, and Brian K. Gran, 308-317. Boulder, CO: Paradigm Publishers.
- Savelsberg, Joachim J., King, Ryan D. 2011. American Memories: Atrocities and the Law. New York: Russell Sage Foundation (ASA Rose Monograph Series).
- Savelsberg, Joachim J. 2015. Representing Mass Violence: Conflicting Responses to Human Rights Violations in Darfur. Oakland, CA: University of California Press (paperback and open access online: <https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520281509/representing-mass-violence>).
- Savelsberg, Joachim J. Forthcoming. Knowing about Genocide: Armenian Suffering and Epistemic Struggles. Oakland, CA: University of California Press.
- Savelsberg, Joachim J. 2010. Crime and Human Rights: Criminology of Genocide and Atrocities. London: Sage