Latest SSSP News
The Preliminary Program is Now Available!
The preliminary program for the 68th Annual Meeting of the Society for the Study of Social Problems is now available. Please visithttps://www.sssp1.org/2018_Preliminary_Program/ to review the program, register for the conference, and make your travel arrangements. We look forward to seeing you August 10-12 at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. President Luis A. Fernandez and his Program Committee have worked diligently to organize workshops and collaborative sessions under this year’s program theme: Abolitionist Approaches to Social Problems. It is their sincere hope that you will join them in Philadelphia, a city steeped in an abolitionist tradition, to discuss the possibilities of developing and implementing strategies to eradicate all forms of subjugation in the world.
- Jan 2018
- Feb 2018
- Mar 2018
- Apr 2018
- May 2018
- Jun 2018
- Jul 2018
- Aug 2018
- Sep 2018
- Oct 2018
- The Call for Papers for the SSSP 2019 Annual Meeting is now live!
- 2018 Annual Meeting Thank you!
- Renew your SSSP Membership
- Nominations for the Lee Founders Award
- Share Your Accomplishments
- Nominations for the 2018 C. Wright Mills Award
- SSSP’s Pursuit of Social Justice
- SSSP Member Testimonials
- 2018 Application for the SSSP Division of Labor Studies “Singing Lecture” Grant Award
- Job Opportunities
- SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
- Upcoming Conferences and Calls for Submissions/Posting Opportunities
- Congratulations to the Student Paper Competition Winners
- Congratulations to the Award, Fellowship, and Scholarship Winners
- Congratulations to the Thomas C. Hood Social Action Fundraiser Raffle Winner
- Annual Meeting Thank You
- Optional One-Day Workshops
- Annual Meeting Special Events
- Session #95 highlights the work of Mural Arts Philadelphia, winner of the Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award
- Welcome to Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!