Latest SSSP News
The Preliminary Program is Now Available!
The preliminary program for the 68th Annual Meeting of the Society for the Study of Social Problems is now available. Please visithttps://www.sssp1.org/2018_Preliminary_Program/ to review the program, register for the conference, and make your travel arrangements. We look forward to seeing you August 10-12 at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. President Luis A. Fernandez and his Program Committee have worked diligently to organize workshops and collaborative sessions under this year’s program theme: Abolitionist Approaches to Social Problems. It is their sincere hope that you will join them in Philadelphia, a city steeped in an abolitionist tradition, to discuss the possibilities of developing and implementing strategies to eradicate all forms of subjugation in the world.
- Vote in the 2019 General Election
- Travel Fund Awards Deadline
- Call for Chapter Proposals for the Agenda for Social Justice Project 2020
- Nominations for the Beth B. Hess Memorial Scholarship and the Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award (deadline 4/1)
- SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
- SSSP Membership Brochures
- SSSP Member News – Share Your Accomplishments
- Make your Hotel Reservation for the Annual Meeting
- Job Opportunities
- 2019 General Election Now Open for Voting!
- Global Agenda for Social Justice
- SSSP Student Awards and Scholarships
- Optional Walking Tours at the Annual Meeting
- Register for the Annual Meeting
- Call for Papers Submission Deadline - 1/31/2019
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/19
- Submit a paper for the SSSP 2019 Annual Meeting–Deadline 1/31/19
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards
- February issue of Social Problems is now available