Latest SSSP News
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson
Learn about the work of Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson, the New York City area winner of the Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award by attending session #104!
Representatives from Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson will discuss the organization’s mission and crucial work, as well as its strong roots in, and current ties to, the field of sociology.
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson is a grassroots community organization that brings together people in the Hudson Valley region to fight the issues affecting their communities, and challenge the systems of power that are at the root of these problems.
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson is committed to building working class power in order to strengthen social movements, end oppression, and realize a world that puts people before profit. In recent years, the organization has led grassroots campaigns around issues of foreclosures and evictions, energy insecurity, and immigrant rights.
The session will be held in the East End Suite from 2:30pm-4:10pm.
- Jan 2020
- Feb 2020
- Mar 2020
- Apr 2020
- May 2020
- Jun 2020
- Jul 2020
- Aug 2020
- 2020 SSSP Virtual ½-day Annual Meeting Reminder
- 2019 C. Wright Mills Award Finalists
- Agenda for Social Justice: Solutions for 2020
- 2020 SSSP Virtual Book Exhibit
- Board Resolution in Honor of Representative John R. Lewis
- August issue of Social Problems is now available
- Virtual Annual Meeting Sponsors
- Consider Giving the Gift of SSSP Membership
- 2019 Social Problems Impact Factor and Ranking
- Deadline to Comment on Proposed Resolutions-July 15
- Webinar: A 12-Step Program for Decolonizing the University, A Conversation with Dr. Rodney Coates
- Renew Your SSSP Membership
- SSSP 2020 ½-day Virtual Annual Meeting Schedule
- A Call for a New Wave of Activism to Reduce Racial Inequality
- Last Day to Sign Up for the 2020 Virtual Mentor Program – June 30
- Connect with the SSSP on Social Media
- Virtual Mentor Program—Deadline June 30
- What Our Members Say
- 2020 Proposed Resolutions
- Call for Nominations for the SSSP 2021 General Election