Latest SSSP News
SSSP: Editorial Search forSocial Problems – Call for Applications
SSSP is soliciting applications for the position of Editor of the Society’s flagship journal, Social Problems. The Editor’s three-year term will begin with the operation of the new editorial office at mid-year 2021. The new editor will be responsible for editing and promoting Volumes 69-71 (years 2021-2024).
We seek a diverse pool of editorial candidates with distinguished scholarly records, previous editorial experience (e.g., service as journal editor or associate editor, editor of scholarly editions, etc.), strong organizational and management skills, and the ability to work and communicate well with others, including with scholars in academic and non-academic settings. A familiarity with and commitment to Social Problems and the SSSP are essential. Applicants must be members or become members of the SSSP by the time of their application and continue to be a member during their tenure as editor.
Please direct all inquiries, nominations, expressions of interest, and application materials to Dr. Shirley A. Jackson, Chair, SSSP Editorial and Publications Committee, at email@example.com.
For a full description of the position and application process, visit:https://www.sssp1.org/file/Announcements/Editor_Social_Problems.pdf. Deadline for applications is January 15, 2020.
Posted Tuesday, 11/26/2019, 02:44 PM - Category: Member News
- General Election Results
- Dr. William Helmreich, sociologist of US Jewry and inveterate New Yorker, dies of coronavirus
- COVID-19 and Human Rights Resource Page
- SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
- Call for Nominations for the SSSP 2021 General Election (deadline 6/15)
- SSSP New Human Rights and Social Justice Page
- Update on the SSSP Annual Meeting in San Francisco
- Vote in the 2020 General Election
- Vote in the SSSP 2020 General Election (deadline 3/15)
- Travel Fund Awards to Attend the Annual Meeting (deadline 3/15)
- Nominations for the Beth B. Hess Memorial Scholarship (deadline 4/1)
- Nominations for the Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award (deadline 4/1)
- Call for the Next Editor of Social Problems – Extended Deadline – March 1
- Optional One-Day Workshops and Walking Tours at the Annual Meeting
- Spread the Word – Request SSSP Membership Brochures
- Honor Black History Month
- 2020 General Election Now Open for Voting!
- Travel Funds to Attend the Annual Meeting, application deadline March 15
- Make your Hotel Reservation at the Park Central Hotel, cut-off date July 21
- Register for the 2020 Annual Meeting