Latest SSSP News
The 2014 C. Wright Mills Award Finalists have been selected
The committee reviewed 63 nominated books to select the six finalists. The committee will select the winner prior to the Annual Meeting and announce the winner at the Awards Ceremony in Chicago, IL. All finalists’ books will be recognized in the 2015 Annual Conference program and at the ceremony.
To an outstanding degree, each of the finalists met the criteria for the award:
• Critically addresses an issue of contemporary public importance.
• Brings to the topic a fresh, imaginative perspective.
• Advances social scientific understanding of the topic.
• Displays a theoretically informed view and empirical orientation.
• Evinces quality in style of writing.
• Explicitly or implicitly contains implications for courses of action.
To view the list of finalists, visit:http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/pageid/1860.
Posted Tuesday, 05/12/2015, 03:02 PM - Comments - Category: Awards
- Social Entrepreneurship Paper Awards, Application Deadline April 30
- Nominations for the Joseph B. Gittler Award, due April 15
- Nominations for the Doris Wilkinson Faculty Leadership Award, due April 15
- Experience a Day in the Life of SSSP Student Member: Stephanie M. House-Niamke
- Vote in the 2023 General Election
- Register for the 73rd Annual Meeting
- Travel Funds to Attend the In-person Annual Meeting, application deadline March 15
- Stay at the SSSP Conference Hotel
- Most Read in 2022 from the Journal of Gender-Based Violence
- Free Online Course on Academic Freedom – Monday, March 6
- SSSP Mentoring Programs, application deadline: June 30
- Nominate a Colleague for a SSSP Faculty Award, application deadline: April 15
- Travel Funds to Attend the Annual Meeting, application deadline March 15
- Reserve Your Room for the 2023 Annual Meeting
- 2023 General Election Now Open for Voting
- Registration for the 2023 Annual Meeting is now open
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- Scholars at Risk Network Information Sharing “Drop-in” Sessions: February 16th - June 15th, 2023
- SSSP Membership Benefit: Policy Brief Writing Workshop
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/23