Latest SSSP News
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson
Learn about the work of Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson, the New York City area winner of the Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award by attending session #104!
Representatives from Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson will discuss the organization’s mission and crucial work, as well as its strong roots in, and current ties to, the field of sociology.
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson is a grassroots community organization that brings together people in the Hudson Valley region to fight the issues affecting their communities, and challenge the systems of power that are at the root of these problems.
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson is committed to building working class power in order to strengthen social movements, end oppression, and realize a world that puts people before profit. In recent years, the organization has led grassroots campaigns around issues of foreclosures and evictions, energy insecurity, and immigrant rights.
The session will be held in the East End Suite from 2:30pm-4:10pm.
Posted Saturday, 08/10/2019, 12:00 PM - Comments - Category: Annual Meeting
- Nominations for the Joseph B. Gittler Award, due April 15
- Nominations for the Doris Wilkinson Faculty Leadership Award, due April 15
- Experience a Day in the Life of SSSP Student Member: Stephanie M. House-Niamke
- Vote in the 2023 General Election
- Register for the 73rd Annual Meeting
- Travel Funds to Attend the In-person Annual Meeting, application deadline March 15
- Stay at the SSSP Conference Hotel
- Most Read in 2022 from the Journal of Gender-Based Violence
- Free Online Course on Academic Freedom – Monday, March 6
- SSSP Mentoring Programs, application deadline: June 30
- Nominate a Colleague for a SSSP Faculty Award, application deadline: April 15
- Travel Funds to Attend the Annual Meeting, application deadline March 15
- Reserve Your Room for the 2023 Annual Meeting
- 2023 General Election Now Open for Voting
- Registration for the 2023 Annual Meeting is now open
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- Scholars at Risk Network Information Sharing “Drop-in” Sessions: February 16th - June 15th, 2023
- SSSP Membership Benefit: Policy Brief Writing Workshop
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/23
- Don’t forget to submit a paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23