Latest SSSP News
2020 Approved Resolutions
Resolutions were solicited via several calls sent out to the membership by the SSSP Administrative Office as well as by emails sent to the Chairs of the 23 Divisions by the SSSP Vice-President and Chair of the Committee on Social Action, Daina Cheyenne Harvey. This year, three proposed resolutions were submitted, including the expression of gratitude.
The resolutions were provided online for the membership to review and comment on prior to the Society’s Virtual Annual Business Meeting on Friday, August 7, 2020. Immediately following the meeting, current members were able to vote online for or against each resolution or abstain. The voting period lasted two weeks.
Thank you to those who voted. 410 votes were cast. Resolutions 1 and 2 passed overwhelmingly, but resolution 3 did not pass. Per the Society’s By-Laws, a resolution passes if two-thirds of the members voting online by the deadline, vote in favor of the resolution.
Click here for the 2020 Approved Resolutions.
Posted Tuesday, 08/25/2020, 09:19 AM - Comments - Category: Annual Meeting
- Social Entrepreneurship Paper Awards, Application Deadline April 30
- Nominations for the Joseph B. Gittler Award, due April 15
- Nominations for the Doris Wilkinson Faculty Leadership Award, due April 15
- Experience a Day in the Life of SSSP Student Member: Stephanie M. House-Niamke
- Vote in the 2023 General Election
- Register for the 73rd Annual Meeting
- Travel Funds to Attend the In-person Annual Meeting, application deadline March 15
- Stay at the SSSP Conference Hotel
- Most Read in 2022 from the Journal of Gender-Based Violence
- Free Online Course on Academic Freedom – Monday, March 6
- SSSP Mentoring Programs, application deadline: June 30
- Nominate a Colleague for a SSSP Faculty Award, application deadline: April 15
- Travel Funds to Attend the Annual Meeting, application deadline March 15
- Reserve Your Room for the 2023 Annual Meeting
- 2023 General Election Now Open for Voting
- Registration for the 2023 Annual Meeting is now open
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- Scholars at Risk Network Information Sharing “Drop-in” Sessions: February 16th - June 15th, 2023
- SSSP Membership Benefit: Policy Brief Writing Workshop
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/23