Latest SSSP News
FREE Virtual International Conference: Reimagining our Worlds from Below: Transnational Conversations on Resistance, Movements, and Transformations (May 2022)
The Society for the Study of Social Problems (SSSP) is sponsoring a free virtual international conference aimed to provide a platform for scholars, activists, practitioners, students, professionals, governmental entities, non-profit organizations, and members of civil society from all over the world to network, share experiences and learn from one another across boundaries – as we reimagine forms of resistance, movements, and solutions to the unconscionable historic and existential challenges we face on our planet. We warmly invite you to join the conversation on May 18-21, 2022. Participation from the Global South is especially encouraged. Please share this information with organizations, activists, scholars and colleagues, especially those from the Global South and from countries/cultures outside the US, Canada or Europe. For more information about the conference model, visit: https://ejcj.orfaleacenter.ucsb.edu/transnational-conversations/. Hosted by the Orfalea Center for Global and International Studies at the University of California at Santa Barbara.
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)
- Member Report on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- SSSP: Search for the Next Social Problems Editor – Application Deadline 1/15/23
- Gender-based Violence and a Global Agenda for Social Justice