Latest SSSP News
SSSP: Takes Action! Letter to President Raisi (5-15-22)
As the Executive Officer of the Society for the Study of Social Problems (SSSP), an interdisciplinary organization of scholars, students, activists and practitioners committed to applying critical, scientific, and humanistic perspectives to the study of vital social problems, Dr. Héctor L. Delgado has written to express deep concern for Dr. Ahmadreza Djalali’s health and to ask that President Raisi use his authority to suspend Dr. Djalali's execution on May 21, as reported by a number of news outlets.
While Dr. Delgado, and many others, are calling for his outright release, they are urging President Raisi, at minimum, to suspend the execution and to ensure that Dr. Djalali is permitted access to his lawyer and family in Iran, to call to his wife and children in Sweden, and to receive the medical care that he so urgently needs.
Click here to view the letter.
- Scholars at Risk Network Information Sharing “Drop-in” Sessions: February 16th - June 15th, 2023
- SSSP Membership Benefit: Policy Brief Writing Workshop
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/23
- Don’t forget to submit a paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)