Latest SSSP News
SSSP: Takes Action! Letter to President Raisi (5-15-22)
As the Executive Officer of the Society for the Study of Social Problems (SSSP), an interdisciplinary organization of scholars, students, activists and practitioners committed to applying critical, scientific, and humanistic perspectives to the study of vital social problems, Dr. Héctor L. Delgado has written to express deep concern for Dr. Ahmadreza Djalali’s health and to ask that President Raisi use his authority to suspend Dr. Djalali's execution on May 21, as reported by a number of news outlets.
While Dr. Delgado, and many others, are calling for his outright release, they are urging President Raisi, at minimum, to suspend the execution and to ensure that Dr. Djalali is permitted access to his lawyer and family in Iran, to call to his wife and children in Sweden, and to receive the medical care that he so urgently needs.
Click here to view the letter.
- Jan 2022
- Feb 2022
- Mar 2022
- Apr 2022
- May 2022
- Jun 2022
- Jul 2022
- Aug 2022
- Thank You Executive Officer Héctor L. Delgado
- Optional One-Day Workshop
- Join us for the SSSP Presidential Address followed by the Awards Ceremony
- Make Plans to Attend the Presidential Invited Panel: Turning Your Research into Momentum for Change
- Annual Meeting Events
- Make Plans to Attend the SSSP Business Meeting
- Welcome to Los Angeles!
- Final Program Reminder
- Annual Meeting Sponsors
- The Authors’ Attic: Interviews with Authors
- SSSP Executive Officer Search (application deadline: 10/15/22)
- August issue of Social Problems is now available
- Tickets Remaining for the Optional Walking Tours and the Optional One-Day Workshop
- Reserve your room at the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza (cut-off date: 7/15/22)
- Deadline to Comment on Proposed Resolutions-July 15
- Review the 2022 Preliminary Program
- Reserve your room at the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
- Join Us for the 2022 Annual Meeting
- SSSP Mentoring Program—Deadline June 30
- SSSP Joins Scholars-at-Risk