Latest SSSP News
SSSP’s Commitment to Graduate Students and new PhDs
The Society for the Study of Social Problems (SSSP), one of the oldest and most respected social science organizations, is especially committed to graduate students and new PhDs. In fact, students and new PhDs comprise over half of the membership of the SSSP – all committed to research and action for a more just world. We invite you to join us to be active in the organization and to submit papers to and attend our annual meeting in Philadelphia, August 18-20, 2023.
Membership for students is only $33 and $50 for first-time professional members. Click here to join or renew.
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)
- Member Report on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- SSSP: Search for the Next Social Problems Editor – Application Deadline 1/15/23
- Gender-based Violence and a Global Agenda for Social Justice