Latest SSSP News
Archives - February 2013
February 15, 2013
Social Problems Forum Winter 2013 Newsletter now available!
The Social Problems Forum: the Newsletter Winter 2013 edition is now available!
Also, check out this month's Feature Article "Sandy Hook and the Public Response," by Aaron Kupchik
02/15/2013, 11:58 AM
February 11, 2013
Social Problems 60.1 is now available online
Social Problems 60.1 is now available online!
Click here to access the latest issue.
Table of Contents:
Presidential Address: The Art of Activism
Controlling Sex in the Name of "Public Health": Social Control and Michigan HIV Law
Inside the Pyramid of Disputes: Naming Problems and Filing Grievances in California Prisons
Kitty Calavita and Valerie Jenness
Class in Name Only: Subjective Class Identity, Objective Class Position, and Vote Choice in American Presidential Elections
Benjamin Sosnaud, David Brady and Steven M. Frenk
Slicing the Pie: State Policy, Class Organization, Class Integration, and Labor's Share of Israeli National Income
The Determinants of the Number of White Supremacist Groups: A Pooled Time-Series Analysis
Rachel M. Durso and David Jacobs
02/11/2013, 12:40 PM
- Scholars at Risk Network Information Sharing “Drop-in” Sessions: February 16th - June 15th, 2023
- SSSP Membership Benefit: Policy Brief Writing Workshop
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/23
- Don’t forget to submit a paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)