Latest SSSP News
Archives - June 2013
June 26, 2013
Preliminary Program: Start Planning your NYC visit today!
Just a reminder that the Annual Meeting Preliminary Program is available online for viewing! Check out the program to start planning your daily Annual Meeting schedule. Search for sessions, program participants, and special events at the Annual Meeting through our online Preliminary Program.
06/26/2013, 09:46 AM
June 10, 2013
Call for Resolutions Reminder!
Members who wish to propose resolutions for consideration of the SSSP should submit them to the appropriate Division Chairperson(s) (see the Special Problems Divisions web pages for current contact information) and directly to the SSSP Vice-President at email@example.com
Click here for information on the SSSP resolutions.
06/10/2013, 02:47 PM
Celebrating Steve Sifaneck
We're passing along an opportunity from Steve Sifaneck's family and friends to celebrate Steve on June 29th. Please see below. Click here for Heidi Hoefinger's reflection on Steve's life.
Friends and Family,
Please join us and "raise a glass to Steve" at his favorite establishment, 169 Bar in Lower Manhattan. Share stories, good times, photos.... We hope to see you there on June 29th.
Please email photos of Steve to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in the slideshow.
Don't forget to RSVP. See this invitation.
Reiko, Marianne, and Sue
06/10/2013, 01:19 PM
June 06, 2013
Social Problems Forum Summer 2013 Newsletter now available!
The Social Problems Forum: the Newsletter Summer 2013 edition is now available!
Also, check out this month's Feature Article "Innovative approaches to teaching sociology (criminology)," by Maureen Outlaw
06/06/2013, 02:39 PM
June 04, 2013
Condolences: Dr. Stephen Sifaneck
Dr. Stephen Sifaneck died on May 19, 2013 at the age of 46. He was valued member of the Society for the Study of Social Problems. Click here to read a reflection on his life by long-time friend and colleague, Heidi Hoefinger.
06/04/2013, 04:46 PM
- Scholars at Risk Network Information Sharing “Drop-in” Sessions: February 16th - June 15th, 2023
- SSSP Membership Benefit: Policy Brief Writing Workshop
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/23
- Don’t forget to submit a paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)