Latest SSSP News
Archives - November 2014
November 25, 2014
Social Problems Journal Social Media
Dear Fellow Members of the Society for the Study of Social Problems,
Come join the conversation. Social Problems, the official journal of the SSSP, has recently established a social media presence. Here, the most recently-published articles are featured, as well as additional content like editorial commentary, vodcast interviews with authors, practical advice for professional development, funding opportunities, and general disciplinary announcements. Come "like," "follow," or "favorite" us at your preferred venues by clicking the icons below:
Twitter - https://twitter.com/socprobsjournal
Academia.Edu - https://uic.academia.edu/SocialProblems
11/25/2014, 09:22 AM
November 07, 2014
Concern Over Mexican Students Disappearance
SSSP Executive Officer Héctor Delgado and President Marlese Durr wrote on behalf of the SSSP Board of Directors Board of Directors expressing its deep concern regarding the forced disappearance of 43 students of the “Raúl Isidro Burgo” Teachers College located in the rural town of Ayotzinapa in the Mexican State of Guerrero. The letter calls on the Federal Authorities of Mexico to investigate and prosecute the actors and authors of the criminal forced disappearance of students at Ayotzinapa to the fullest extent of Mexican law and as obligatory under the international laws to which Mexico is signatory. The letter also calls on the US Department of State to reiterate its concern to the Federal Government of Mexico and to remind it of its obligations under international law.
Click here to read the full letter.
11/07/2014, 08:19 AM
November 03, 2014
The 2015 General Election Ballot Preview is now available for viewing!
The 2015 General Election Ballot Preview is now available for viewing! Candidates for the 2015 General Election have prepared online resume forms featuring publications and candidate statements to acquaint the membership with their qualifications for the positions.
Click here to view the 2015 General Election Ballot Preview.
11/03/2014, 10:14 AM
- Jan 2019
- Feb 2019
- Mar 2019
- Apr 2019
- May 2019
- Jun 2019
- Jul 2019
- Aug 2019
- Optional One-Day Workshops!!
- Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson
- Annual Meeting Special Events
- Annual Meeting Receptions & Special Events!
- Presidential Perspectives on Current Social Problems
- Welcome to the SSSP's 69th Annual Meeting!
- Download the SSSP App!
- Final Program Reminder
- Register On-site in NYC
- Two Feature Films: America; I Too AND Voices of the Lumbee
- Welcome to New York!
- August issue of Social Problems is now available
- Online Annual Meeting Registration Deadline is July 21
- Annual Meeting Mobile App
- Few Tickets Remaining for Optional Walking Tours and One-Day Workshops
- Deadline for Annual Meeting Preregistration
- Accessibility Guidelines
- Review the 2019 Preliminary Program
- Increased Impact Factor announced
- Be a Mentor or Be Mentored—Deadline June 30