Latest SSSP News
Archives - September 2015
September 29, 2015
Nominations for the 2015 C. Wright Mills Award are now open
Nominations are now open for the 2015 C. Wright Mills Award. Members of the Society are encouraged to submit letters of nomination for this prestigious annual award. Self nominations are acceptable. Edited volumes, textbooks, fiction and self-published works are not eligible. Eligible books must be first edition (not a reprint or later edition) and bear a 2015 copyright. The C. Wright Mills Award, established in 1964, is made annually and carries with it a stipend of $1,000 for the author(s) of the winning book. The deadline for the 2015 award nominations is December 15, 2015.
09/29/2015, 10:36 AM
September 08, 2015
Editor of Social Problems Accepts a Position at the University of Houston
We are proud to announce that the Editor of Social Problems, Dr. Pamela Anne Quiroz, has accepted a position at the University of Houston (http://bit.ly/1EEFNHS). She now holds the titles of Director of the Center for Mexican American Studies and Professor of Sociology. Correspondence can be directed to her new email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the editorial office of Social Problems has moved to the University of Houston as of September 1, 2015. General inquiries from authors, reviewers, and other interested parties may still be directed to the Social Problems Managing Editor at: email@example.com.
Manuscripts can be submitted via Manuscript Central at: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/socpro
Social Problems, Editorial Team
09/08/2015, 08:15 AM
- Scholars at Risk Network Information Sharing “Drop-in” Sessions: February 16th - June 15th, 2023
- SSSP Membership Benefit: Policy Brief Writing Workshop
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/23
- Don’t forget to submit a paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)