Latest SSSP News
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson
Learn about the work of Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson, the New York City area winner of the Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award by attending session #104!
Representatives from Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson will discuss the organization’s mission and crucial work, as well as its strong roots in, and current ties to, the field of sociology.
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson is a grassroots community organization that brings together people in the Hudson Valley region to fight the issues affecting their communities, and challenge the systems of power that are at the root of these problems.
Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson is committed to building working class power in order to strengthen social movements, end oppression, and realize a world that puts people before profit. In recent years, the organization has led grassroots campaigns around issues of foreclosures and evictions, energy insecurity, and immigrant rights.
The session will be held in the East End Suite from 2:30pm-4:10pm.
- Submit a Manuscript for Social Problems
- Virtual Panel on Higher Ed Funding and the COVID-19 Crisis
- Protect Education: Fund Aid to State and Local Governments
- What Our Members Say
- The Authors’ Attic
- New Human Rights Page
- A Message from the Founder of the Disability Visibility Project
- Call for Resolutions Deadline – Extended Deadline – May 15
- May issue of Social Problems is now available
- SSSP 2020 Annual Meeting Cancellation
- SSSP: Call for Chapter Proposals – Rapid Response Volume on “Social Problems in the Age of COVID-19”
- Call for Resolutions Deadline – April 30
- Share Your Accomplishments
- The Benefits of SSSP Membership
- Add Another Division
- SSSP Awards with an April 15th Deadline
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Exercise the Right to Vote
- General Election Results
- Dr. William Helmreich, sociologist of US Jewry and inveterate New Yorker, dies of coronavirus