Latest SSSP News
SSSP: Editorial Search forSocial Problems – Call for Applications
SSSP is soliciting applications for the position of Editor of the Society’s flagship journal, Social Problems. The Editor’s three-year term will begin with the operation of the new editorial office at mid-year 2021. The new editor will be responsible for editing and promoting Volumes 69-71 (years 2021-2024).
We seek a diverse pool of editorial candidates with distinguished scholarly records, previous editorial experience (e.g., service as journal editor or associate editor, editor of scholarly editions, etc.), strong organizational and management skills, and the ability to work and communicate well with others, including with scholars in academic and non-academic settings. A familiarity with and commitment to Social Problems and the SSSP are essential. Applicants must be members or become members of the SSSP by the time of their application and continue to be a member during their tenure as editor.
Please direct all inquiries, nominations, expressions of interest, and application materials to Dr. Shirley A. Jackson, Chair, SSSP Editorial and Publications Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full description of the position and application process, visit:https://www.sssp1.org/file/Announcements/Editor_Social_Problems.pdf. Deadline for applications is January 15, 2020.
Posted Tuesday, 11/26/2019, 02:44 PM - Category: Member News
- Thank You, SSSP 2019 Contributors!
- February issue of Social Problems is now available
- How Non-Academics Can Benefit from SSSP
- SSSP is soliciting applications for Social Problems Editor–Deadline Today
- Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards–Upcoming Deadlines
- SSSP is soliciting applications for Social Problems Editor–Deadline 1/15/20
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/20
- Announcing Launch of Social Problems High Impact Article Collection
- Renew Your Membership and Register for the 2020 Annual Meeting
- The Benefits of SSSP Membership
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- 2019 C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Approaching Fast – 12/15/19
- Human Rights Day
- Registration for the 2020 Annual Meeting is now open!
- End of the Year Reminders
- Strengthen this important organization as we work toward social justice
- SSSP: Editorial Search forSocial Problems – Call for Applications
- Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards
- Call for Papers: Engage in theory and practice with folks from across the country and around the world