Latest SSSP News
Letter in Support of Wendy Leo Moore and James M. Thomas
Last week the Chronicle of Higher Education reported that two Sociology professors and SSSP members were being threatened with termination and/or financial penalty for their participation in #scholarstrike activities. The Board of Directors of the Society for the Study of Social Problems stands behind its members and calls on the President of Texas A&M University and the Chancellor of the University of Mississippi to issue statements of support for Professors Moore and Thomas respectively. Click here to view the Society’s full letter of support.
- Should the Feds Guarantee You a Job?
- Call for Chapter Proposals – Global Agenda for Social Justice 2022
- Texas Blackouts Hit Minority Neighborhoods Especially Hard
- Spread the Word – Request SSSP Membership Brochures
- Funds to Attend the SSSP Virtual Annual Meeting, application deadline March 31
- 2021 General Election Now Open for Voting
- Mentors and Mentees Needed for the New SSSP Mentoring Program
- SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
- Nominate Someone for a SSSP Faculty Award
- Call for Papers – Social Problems Special Issue
- SSSP: 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting Date Changes
- Submit a paper for the SSSP 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/21
- Don’t Forget to Participate in Today’s Virtual Event: SSSP Justice 21 Committee Webinar: A Panel Discussion: Social Problems in the Age of COVID-19
- Thank You, SSSP 2020 Contributors!
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/21
- February issue of Social Problems is now available
- Deadline Extended for the 2021 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions
- Virtual Event: SSSP Justice 21 Committee Webinar: A Panel Discussion: Social Problems in the Age of COVID-19
- Census Bureau Stops Work on Trump’s Request for Unauthorized Immigrant Count
- Deadline Extended for the 2021 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/21