Latest SSSP News
Archives - January 2013
January 22, 2013
We have a few announcements and reminders to bring to your attention.
- Submit a paper for the 2013 Annual Meeting. The deadline is midnight (EST) on January 31, 2013.
- Apply for one of the SSSP Division's Student Paper Competitions or Outstanding Scholarship Awards. The deadline for all Student Paper Competitions is January 31, 2013. The deadline for the Outstanding Scholarship Awards varies across divisions.
- The Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Scholarship deadline is February 1, 2013.
- The Editorial and Publications Committee is soliciting applications for the next editor of Social Problems. The deadline is February 1, 2013.
- The 2013 General Election ballot preview is available. Online voting will take place from March15-April 15, 2013.
- Remember to renew your membership for 2013, if you have not already.
- Recruit a member! View membership benefits and our graduate student membership benefits.
SSSP Administrative Office
01/22/2013, 03:18 PM
January 04, 2013
Announcing the SSSP Listserv
We are happy to announce that the first ever SSSP listserv is now available for you to join. The purpose of the listserv is to facilitate discussion among current SSSP members and to serve as a place where members can seek professional advice related to the mission of SSSP; share related materials, including book reviews and events in the news; make related announcements, including events, job openings, activities, books, and call for papers; and offer other related intellectual food for thought.
The listserv is an optional benefit for SSSP members. To join the listserv, please visit http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/pageid/1625. Questions relating to the listserv should be directed to Listserv Moderator Nancy Mezey, email@example.com. Technical questions should be directed to GRA & Webmaster Lisa East, firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending an e-mail, please place SSSP in the subject line.
01/04/2013, 01:43 PM
- Scholars at Risk Network Information Sharing “Drop-in” Sessions: February 16th - June 15th, 2023
- SSSP Membership Benefit: Policy Brief Writing Workshop
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Graduate Fellowship–Deadline 2/1/23
- Don’t forget to submit a paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)