Latest SSSP News
The Ongoing Struggle for Women’s Rights in Turkey
Özlem Altiok writes on the patriarchal backlash against women’s hard-won rights in Turkey, and how the women’s and LGBTI+ movements refused to give up and continue to the struggle. Dr. Altiok is a contributor of the chapter ‘From the Streets to Social Policy: How to end gender-based violence against women’ in SSSP's Global Agenda for Social Justice 2, out now!
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)
- Member Report on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- SSSP: Search for the Next Social Problems Editor – Application Deadline 1/15/23
- Gender-based Violence and a Global Agenda for Social Justice