What are divisions?
Within SSSP, there are twenty-three subgroups organized around specific topics, interests, or subdisciplines, called Divisions. The Divisions:
- Shape the annual meeting of the Society by organizing paper sessions and panels.
- Provide an opportunity for scholars to present their work to other scholar advocates
- Offer an opportunity to meet others who have similar research/action interests.
- Open the door to positions of responsibility in the Society.
As a divisional member, you may:
- Read and contribute to divisional newsletters;
- Attend divisional business meetings at the annual meeting;
- Vote for chairperson or run for office; and
- Participate in the informal exchange and cooperation in social problems research.
How do I become an active member of a division?
Each member will receive a FREE division membership and student members will receive two FREE division memberships. Members may choose additional memberships at $10 each.
Want to join a division after joining/renewing your membership? Click here for further instructions.