Latest SSSP News
Archives - September 2019
September 19, 2019
SSSP’s Pursuit of Social Justice
SSSP is engaged in multiple avenues of social justice research and action. It is an interdisciplinary community of scholars, practitioners, advocates, and students interested in the application of critical, scientific, and humanistic perspectives to the study of vital social problems.
In addition to SSSP publications, the Society regularly participates in calls to action on various social justice issues. Click here for more information on these activities: https://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/480/locationSectionId/0/Action_and_Activism.
09/19/2019, 09:03 AM
September 17, 2019
SSSP Member Testimonials
09/17/2019, 02:59 PM
September 13, 2019
September 12, 2019
Share Your Accomplishments!
09/12/2019, 08:58 AM
September 10, 2019
Are you or someone you know looking for a job?
Is your company or university hiring?
SSSP provides a FREE career center for members and non-members to browse current job openings. We also allow employers to POST JOBS for FREE!
To find or post your next job opportunity, visit: https://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/320/locationSectionId/0/Job_Opportunities.
09/10/2019, 03:53 PM
September 05, 2019
SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
We encourage your department to become a Departmental Member of the Society for the Study of Social Problems. Departments that choose to join SSSP receive access to the journal Social Problems and share one vote in business matters of the Society. We hope your department will consider becoming a SSSP Departmental Member for $94 today.
To join, click here:
09/05/2019, 09:23 AM
September 03, 2019
Upcoming Call for Submissions and Conferences Posting Opportunities
Don’t miss out!
Several upcoming calls for submissions, conferences, and fellowship opportunities have been posted to the SSSP website. Check out our Calls for Submissions and Conferences page and the Fellowships and Scholarships page to learn more about these opportunities.
If you wish to have a call for papers, book chapter, article submission, conference announcement, or a fellowship or scholarship announcement posted, please send an email to email@example.com (Microsoft Word files and PDFs preferred). Please include a URL for more information, if available.
There is no charge to place an announcement. Announcements for call for papers, book chapters, or articles will be posted until the submission deadline. Conference announcements will be posted until the date of the conference has passed.
09/03/2019, 01:41 PM
- Jan 2020
- Feb 2020
- Mar 2020
- Apr 2020
- May 2020
- Jun 2020
- Jul 2020
- Aug 2020
- 2020 SSSP Virtual ½-day Annual Meeting Reminder
- 2019 C. Wright Mills Award Finalists
- Agenda for Social Justice: Solutions for 2020
- 2020 SSSP Virtual Book Exhibit
- Board Resolution in Honor of Representative John R. Lewis
- August issue of Social Problems is now available
- Virtual Annual Meeting Sponsors
- Consider Giving the Gift of SSSP Membership
- 2019 Social Problems Impact Factor and Ranking
- Deadline to Comment on Proposed Resolutions-July 15
- Webinar: A 12-Step Program for Decolonizing the University, A Conversation with Dr. Rodney Coates
- Renew Your SSSP Membership
- SSSP 2020 ½-day Virtual Annual Meeting Schedule
- A Call for a New Wave of Activism to Reduce Racial Inequality
- Last Day to Sign Up for the 2020 Virtual Mentor Program – June 30
- Connect with the SSSP on Social Media
- Virtual Mentor Program—Deadline June 30
- What Our Members Say
- 2020 Proposed Resolutions
- Call for Nominations for the SSSP 2021 General Election