Latest SSSP News
Archives - September 2019
September 19, 2019
SSSP’s Pursuit of Social Justice
SSSP is engaged in multiple avenues of social justice research and action. It is an interdisciplinary community of scholars, practitioners, advocates, and students interested in the application of critical, scientific, and humanistic perspectives to the study of vital social problems.
In addition to SSSP publications, the Society regularly participates in calls to action on various social justice issues. Click here for more information on these activities: https://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/480/locationSectionId/0/Action_and_Activism.
09/19/2019, 09:03 AM
September 17, 2019
SSSP Member Testimonials
09/17/2019, 02:59 PM
September 13, 2019
September 12, 2019
Share Your Accomplishments!
09/12/2019, 08:58 AM
September 10, 2019
Are you or someone you know looking for a job?
Is your company or university hiring?
SSSP provides a FREE career center for members and non-members to browse current job openings. We also allow employers to POST JOBS for FREE!
To find or post your next job opportunity, visit: https://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/320/locationSectionId/0/Job_Opportunities.
09/10/2019, 03:53 PM
September 05, 2019
SSSP Departmental Membership Opportunity
We encourage your department to become a Departmental Member of the Society for the Study of Social Problems. Departments that choose to join SSSP receive access to the journal Social Problems and share one vote in business matters of the Society. We hope your department will consider becoming a SSSP Departmental Member for $94 today.
To join, click here:
09/05/2019, 09:23 AM
September 03, 2019
Upcoming Call for Submissions and Conferences Posting Opportunities
Don’t miss out!
Several upcoming calls for submissions, conferences, and fellowship opportunities have been posted to the SSSP website. Check out our Calls for Submissions and Conferences page and the Fellowships and Scholarships page to learn more about these opportunities.
If you wish to have a call for papers, book chapter, article submission, conference announcement, or a fellowship or scholarship announcement posted, please send an email to email@example.com (Microsoft Word files and PDFs preferred). Please include a URL for more information, if available.
There is no charge to place an announcement. Announcements for call for papers, book chapters, or articles will be posted until the submission deadline. Conference announcements will be posted until the date of the conference has passed.
09/03/2019, 01:41 PM
- Submit a Paper for the SSSP 2023 Annual Meeting–Extended Deadline 1/31/23
- SSSP: Introducing the New Executive Officer
- Thank You, 2022 SSSP Contributors!
- Renew Your Membership for 2023
- New Virtual Issue: The Precarious State of Abortion in America
- Deadline Extended for the 2023 Call for Papers and the Student Paper Competitions – New Deadline–1/31/23
- The Federal Trade Commission wants to Ban Noncompete Employment Clauses
- Apply to be the next Editor of Social Problems – Deadline 1/15/23
- Questions You May Have About the SSSP Annual Meeting
- Your Donation is Tax Deductible
- Give the Gift of SSSP
- End of the Year Reminders
- Call for Books for the 2023 Annual Meeting – Author Meets Critics Sessions Deadline Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- In Case You Missed it! "Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace"
- C. Wright Mills Award Nomination Deadline is Quickly Approaching 12/15/22
- Webinar: Lessons Learned in Navigating the Applied Workplace (TODAY!)
- Member Report on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- SSSP: Search for the Next Social Problems Editor – Application Deadline 1/15/23
- Gender-based Violence and a Global Agenda for Social Justice